Turbo 2 strokes..... Boring???

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I was having a conversation with a guy today about there being a hand full of turbo 2 strokes in my usual riding group this year. The guy tried telling me that he didn't see the point and that once u have 200+hp at elevation that it will get boring after a while and that nothing will be a challenge. What are your thoughts on this?? Do u think it gets boring??? I laughed. I don't think so. More power opens up more possibilities in my mind.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I was having a conversation with a guy today about there being a hand full of turbo 2 strokes in my usual riding group this year. The guy tried telling me that he didn't see the point and that once u have 200+hp at elevation that it will get boring after a while and that nothing will be a challenge. What are your thoughts on this?? Do u think it gets boring??? I laughed. I don't think so. More power opens up more possibilities in my mind.

Funny you mention this, because i was wondering as im building my first turbo this year. But then i giggled at myself and thought about all those times i wish i had more power so i could launch over the top instead of just wheelie. Gonna be a good year! You're buddy is crazy. Whats your buddies running for turbo 2 smokes?

oh, but that being said.... Sledding would be something neat if it was operated like Nascar. All sleds created equal. Then you'd have some serious fun factor too.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention this, because i was wondering as im building my first turbo this year. But then i giggled at myself and thought about all those times i wish i had more power so i could launch over the top instead of just wheelie. Gonna be a good year! You're buddy is crazy. Whats your buddies running for turbo 2 smokes?

oh, but that being said.... Sledding would be something neat if it was operated like Nascar. All sleds created equal. Then you'd have some serious fun factor too.

Yeah I thought the same lol. I know there's been a bunch of times I coulda used twice as much power lol.

We have 2 silber pro rmks, one boost it turbo pro rmk, turbo nytro and a turbo proclimb 800.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
99% of ppl that comment on turbo sleds have
A- never owned one
B- never ridin one
C- dont wtf their talking about
D- should stfu because their idiots
E- all of the above

im going with E..........

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ In this boat, but once figured out I dont think its going to be any worse then other sleds. I think tuning them off the get go takes its toll, Crappy half season, I think 90 percent of it is the user does not understand what it takes to make work properly, Im sure 99 percent of the kit builders can make there kit work properly. As to the origional post, I dont think its going to get boring, the reason Im building a turbo is to blow over the stuff I couldnt. If the whole group I ride with went to stock sleds that we put a can on and played with clutching, that would be fun as it comes down to rider, at this point its not even competition, with fourstroke turbos,bigbores, stock new sleds, whatever fits your fancy. Im going to ride what ever puts a big grin on my face.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a QUOTE=jbb;1568725]99% of ppl that comment on turbo sleds have
A- never owned one
B- never ridin one
C- dont wtf their talking about
D- should stfu because their idiots
E- all of the above

im going with E..........[/QUOTE]
a never owned one
b rode one once . it was fun
c dont know much about turbos
d i never know when to stfu
e probably right but the few times i have rode with turbos, the guy spent more time monkeying around with it than riding it
ps i like soup

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
You only ever hear the bad stories about tuning and stuff. I think it would be a lot f fun but to me it would take the challenge out if most of it. There is nothing like a friendly competition to make things interesting and if you are able to beat that every time well it's like a high school kid playin with the kindergarten class not much fun and kinda boring. Just my opinion though.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
You only ever hear the bad stories about tuning and stuff. I think it would be a lot f fun but to me it would take the challenge out if most of it. There is nothing like a friendly competition to make things interesting and if you are able to beat that every time well it's like a high school kid playin with the kindergarten class not much fun and kinda boring. Just my opinion though.

"E" :rolling:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only time it would get boring is if you were a experienced rider with a turbo sled, and your rider partners are newbie riders with non turbo sleds. Then you would be waiting on them a lot.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each year they get more dependable, now they seem to be pretty good. It's getting more and more difficult for the meadow muffins and molehill guys to use the excuse they hate waiting for the tuners, instead of just sayin they lack the cajones to handle hp that doesn't go away at altitude. Each to his own, Lookin for the line between the trees can be fun also, for an hour or so. a cool guy once said " a mans gotta know his limitations" , Good advise to heed.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each year they get more dependable, now they seem to be pretty good. It's getting more and more difficult for the meadow muffins and molehill guys to use the excuse they hate waiting for the tuners, instead of just sayin they lack the cajones to handle hp that doesn't go away at altitude. Each to his own, Lookin for the line between the trees can be fun also, for an hour or so. a cool guy once said " a mans gotta know his limitations" , Good advise to heed.

That's amusing that you think all Turbo owners know there limitations. Lots of the time when you hear a turbo spool up its lets get the fawk out of here before he kills us all.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well having a good running n/a sled and a good running two stroke turbo, we had a few days last year where we had both running the same day, and once the turbo sled is dialed in it seams to be the sled of choice, the feeling of the power and track speed is very addicking..... my only issue with the tsled was the extra weight, even with 25 lbs extra you could feel it quick in the trees

as for if it would get boring, not a chance in hell, you just challenge your self with longer stepper thicker ulgyier stuff, could never go back anymore

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well having a good running n/a sled and a good running two stroke turbo, we had a few days last year where we had both running the same day, and once the turbo sled is dialed in it seams to be the sled of choice, the feeling of the power and track speed is very addicking..... my only issue with the tsled was the extra weight, even with 25 lbs extra you could feel it quick in the trees

as for if it would get boring, not a chance in hell, you just challenge your self with longer stepper thicker ulgyier stuff, could never go back anymore

Thats what I was thinking. I don't think it will get boring at all. Once the turbo is dialed in exactly, and nowadays, if you're not piecing a kit together yourself, most turbo kits come with pretty dead on fuel maps, as long as they're a reputable turbo manufacturer I guess. I know it's still a turbo 2 stroke, ticking time bomb, whatever, it's not for everyone. Mainly cuz people don't have the know how or the funds, or the time, or whatever, to be playing around with a turbo. But I'm talking about a dialed in 2 stroke. How can that possibly get boring??? Come on maxwell.... Don't tell me your xm would be n/a if bombi could manage to put out an engine that wouldn't squeak first pull of the cord with a turbo strapped on it.... lololol.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you owned a yamaha turbo. Installed and set up by a real installer. Theres no fawking around! 5 yrs and never had to do anything but add fuel and change oil. Its when ya cheap out. It bites ya in the ass quick.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. I don't think it will get boring at all. Once the turbo is dialed in exactly, and nowadays, if you're not piecing a kit together yourself, most turbo kits come with pretty dead on fuel maps, as long as they're a reputable turbo manufacturer I guess. I know it's still a turbo 2 stroke, ticking time bomb, whatever, it's not for everyone. Mainly cuz people don't have the know how or the funds, or the time, or whatever, to be playing around with a turbo. But I'm talking about a dialed in 2 stroke. How can that possibly get boring??? Come on maxwell.... Don't tell me your xm would be n/a if bombi could manage to put out an engine that wouldn't squeak first pull of the cord with a turbo strapped on it.... lololol.

the 2 stroke turbos now with all the advanced technology that come with them are very reliable and run flawless all day long once you get them where YOU like them dialed in..i ran many 2 stroke and 4 stroke turbos and i had a new pro last year with a few engine mods without boost, and yes it was a fun sled to ride BUT i cant be without boost anymore or atleast 200hp somehow, i am just too used to it and when your out in those 3ft powder days trying to poke thru a line in the trees to get to youe secret riding area and it takes you half the day to get there is sucks!!! with my boosted sleds i would have poked thru much sooner and rode there all day.. lol any way thats my take on them ..

Top Bottom