Tunnel wrap

togo ripper

Reaction score
Does wrapping the tunnel on a sled help keep snow and ice down? I've got an 09 m1000 and I seem to get a ton of ice on top and side of the tunnel by the rear bumper and foot stops just looking to try shed some weight while riding

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard umh wrap inside helps lots, but out side, since getting powder coated doo tunnels with new sleds, the snow don't stick like a non powder coated one

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does wrapping the tunnel on a sled help keep snow and ice down? I've got an 09 m1000 and I seem to get a ton of ice on top and side of the tunnel by the rear bumper and foot stops just looking to try shed some weight while riding

Inside or outside the tunnel? It wont help the back of the footrests, you need to powder coat it or anodize it to help in those areas. I think you are talking about the big flat areas. You could try spraying it with PAM, that helps keep the ice off, not a long term solution though, or get some clear 3M film and put it on the inside to help if its the inside. The cooling system on the 09'+ M's is really what is causing your issue as the coolant runs up the tubes along the corner of the tunnel and then to the rear cooler. The whole setup heats the tunnel and then the ice sticks to it.

Honestly, its better to have a few pounds of ice back there than to have cooling issues, so if you do plan on wrapping it on the inside, I wouldn't do the entire thing, just the middle sections, keep some of the areas near the coolers unwrapped so that there is some ice that sticks to the tunnel and helps the conductive cooling aspect.

togo ripper

Reaction score
Ok thanks everybody maybe ill just leave it alone keep the cooling, it only gets heavy and sacks out the rear suspension when it's heavy wet snow anyway and that doesn't happen to often around here

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weird cause ive always heard that wraps are better than paint for snow shed.

Guys have p coated cats and doos and put a wrap on and even better....

Top Bottom