tunnel rail cooler things

fyshstick

Reaction score
you know those cooler things on the outside edge of the running board does anyone know if it is safe to bend them or if they will just break if you have bent them what did you use?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so just checking again if i use a pipe bender i should be golden

How much are you bending them? There is so much clearance on the inside, if you bend them too much you could pinch the flow. Might help to heat with a torch before bending so that you don't fatigue the metal as much.

fyshstick

Reaction score
i would like to put a couple 90's in them once i get the sled into the garage i will post some photochops of what i want to do with them and my progress as i do it

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably aren't going to be able to bend a 90 into them without a lot of heat or having them kink. What is the radius on the bend at the 90? If its like 3", I can't see it working. You might have to get some 90 degree tubing and weld it on there instead.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bent my outer extrusions on my Nytro and after about 80 degrees at a 8 inch arc they cracked. Phone CR and get the outer extrusions they have for their tunnels. You dont need the whole thing just the outer extrusions.

Here's a link, check it out. I think he wanted 400.00 for bent up ones though.

fyshstick

Reaction score
i changed my mind, i saw something else that i liked the looks of and all it is, is powder coating a part and changing some hoses and it is almost what i want, i am also working on a tight budget this year and since i got simmons skis on the way that took away most of the money that i dont have:d, broke the front bumper pulling it out of my truck:rant:(who makes such a weak bumper anyways),and a buddy ran into the back of it:eek: so i have to change that too, i got waxed at the drags last year :rant:so i have to do something to get me off the line faster im thinking clutch kit and pipe:confused:(if any one has a clutching set up that works good for an 06 rmk 755 at sea level and wants to share that would be great:d) oh well im glad i started workin on it now instead of when the white stuff flies:d:beer::rolleyes:

Top Bottom