Tunnel Polishing

Hammer800

Reaction score
For anybody who polishes their own tunnels, what is the best polish to use and what tools and procedure seems to work the best?:hmm:

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you dont got a buffer it takes elbow grease. haha

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F1 ultimate metal polish, medium grade work best for all around polishing, call sapphire @ 780 435 3222 they should be able to direct you to somewhere close that sells it or ship it out. if not, pm me and i will help you out!!
ps its my own product, sapphire is my distributor! thanks in advance!!

Hammer800

Reaction score
LOL...I have no patience for just elbow grease!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure of the brand I will check tomorrow, picked it up at the sled show. works very well for a quick job without a buffer, but nothing I've seen yet compares with a power polish and the same polishes they use on kenworth fuel tanks

Hammer800

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Boydo but i need something to do until we get some snow or I can get out to Valemount. Polish off a few beers and the tunnel in my garage should kill some time until then.:D:beer:

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Boydo but i need something to do until we get some snow or I can get out to Valemount. Polish off a few beers and the tunnel in my garage should kill some time until then.:D:beer:
well ok, dont say i never offered though!!lol make sure you get enough beers so you dont need a second run!!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use wicked metal polish, it seem to work good. But nothing compares to a professional job. I seen picture of boydo's work on here and wow! And I bet it looks better in real life!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ok, dont say i never offered though!!lol make sure you get enough beers so you dont need a second run!!!
. I had you do my nitro last yr. It looks awesome but how do i maintain it. Theres some spots from my boots n stuff that need a touch up. What do i use and how do i do it the easiest besides bring it bqck to you. Thanks.

brewster

Reaction score
Mothers sux, power balls a joke! Wicked metal products works, F1 metal prod. Is wicked and not to much can beat clay bar polishing. Well mothers billet polish isn't that bad I guess hehe

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have tried autosol, mothers, metal gloss, buffing wheels and compound, and i have to say for the effort involved for the results, that meguiars nxt generation all metal polish is the best thing out there....

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Dry wash tunnel polish I bought at the sled show is the best I have used, even shined up my river boat with hardly any effort.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F1 ultimate metal polish, medium grade work best for all around polishing, call sapphire @ 780 435 3222 they should be able to direct you to somewhere close that sells it or ship it out. if not, pm me and i will help you out!!
ps its my own product, sapphire is my distributor! thanks in advance!!

I am thinking I am gonna have to get some of that F1 stuff.

Sent from Tapatalk

ren

Reaction score
Boydo's F1 Ultimate metal polish (medium grit) worked wonders for me! I wet sanded with 1000, 1500, 2000, then used the F1 and hand finished it with mother's billet.(15 hours labour in total) Will post pics later. I have been getting a lot of compliments around town with my sled on my truck. People have been asking me if I got a new tunnel. Thanks Mr. Boydo! If you are ever in Whistler for a roop drop me a line!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my Pro back from Boydo, and it's excellent!! Don't waste your time using armstrong power it's not even in the same league! Polisher and bonnets using polishing clay or proper liquid is the only way to get a mirror like finish. Then follow up with Mothers aluminum for maintenance or long term appply Zoop seal so you don't have to polish as often. Higgins.

Last edited:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your money at least take it to Boydo for the first polish,than you can maintain it with the F1 (you can buy it from Boydo). I bought all the mothers, metal gloss, buffing wheels and compound, meguiars next generation all metal polish two different balls and some cone shaped POS. By then end it looked ok, than I took it to Boydo and when he was done it looked like he had chromed the tunnel. I'll polish off the beers Boydo can have the sleds :beer:

Top Bottom