tunnel help

Syncustom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 m8 and recently bought 09 rear tunnel with heat exchanger,gussets,bumper and tail light second hand and in decent shape all for 200$. My question is what or if i need to cut anything or should it all just rivet. Also what kinda rivets should i use? Anyone with pics and info would be awsome.

Syncustom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya and if anyone has an 09 and up snowflap the whole peace that goes around the tail light let me know if you wanna get rid of it.....the guy i bought my stuff from cut the top all to bits to put a snowboard rack on the tunnel :/

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Should be a straight rivet job, pneumatic hand rivet gun is highly recommended. If I remember correctly and your just swapping out the rear extension then you'll want to use a 3/16" aluminum rivet. Check the dimension first though. You probably want to pick up some 3/16" backers in case you end up with some over sized holes when you remove the old rivets. You can check out the M6 thread in our vendor forum as well, It shows some pictures of the installation of a Skinz tunnel kit on a '08 which will be fairly representative of what is required to swap out the rear extension.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah it should just rivet on. You will have to trim the existing tunnel edge to proper length., I dont recommend using aluminum rivets they suck and loosen off. I always use stainless steel blind rivets. The ones i use mushroom the back out instead of pulling the center in to expand the back.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't make the mistake I made and cut the board edge pieces too short. Had to go shopping for new ones when I did mine. You will need some different cooler hoses to connect to the heat exchanger. The original ones don't work with the new cooler. I bought a snow flap from Great Lakes Flaps in the States. It is more rigid than the stock one and doesnt get turned under. You can get them with different graphics on them.

Last edited:

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of doing this also. I tried to get a cooler from a dealer but they are backordered so I am going to try and flatten mine.

Syncustom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K thx for the info guys....did u just use a zip disk for the board edges?

Top Bottom