Tunnel dump exhaust on t-nytro's?

W

woodies

hehe this ones riveted on she's in for the roll overs!and yes i'm sure that will happen!i'm famious for that.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i run a under tunnel exhaust well it dumps out right in front of the tunnel and its loud and proud love it they know when u are comming :trustme:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woodies, I guess I wasn't very clear. It wasn't my exhaust tip that blew out, it was the front corner of the gas can :eek: The tip was riveted in from the inside. The combination of hot exhaust gas blowing onto the empty gas can and the corner of the can must have melted and blown out. I just put in an elbow that was a bit longer after the 90 and it was good as the hot gases now cleared the side of the gas can.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so rasberry u had tunnel dump on your nytro b4 the turbo right? how did u go about makin that work?:confused:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan at Extreme Machines(Captjacksparrow on here) used an old Yoshimura muffler & fabbed it up to my stock exhaust & run it under the tunnel & kept the top of it flush with the tunnel. Don't have pics here, but go back into thread about "magna exhaust"........... actually I'll go find it & you can see my pics in there.

RN

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks fairly straight forward might have to conjure up one of my own. how did u like your jap can for sound?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WICKED sound!!!:d Ask Summitric & a few of the others like Ronknight & the guys that were on the MM 08 ride in Golden last year. It really does sound good. Not too loud, but guys definitely know I'm behind them coming down the trail when I get close & Burp it :d
I'll be taking mine off when it gets Boost this weekend!!!! ;)

RN

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome i googled that yoshimura stuff last night, looks pricey lol. so i think i just hunt down a bafled bottle instead there like super cheap :beer:so ill see how that sounds. ill have to let ya'll know how it pans out. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i love the sound of my tunnel dump exhaust and i finally put pic on here for u raspberrynytro took me awhile:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Your sled sounded awesome at MM08...just awesome.
WICKED sound!!!:d Ask Summitric & a few of the others like Ronknight & the guys that were on the MM 08 ride in Golden last year. It really does sound good. Not too loud, but guys definitely know I'm behind them coming down the trail when I get close & Burp it :d
I'll be taking mine off when it gets Boost this weekend!!!! ;)

RN

MOB

Reaction score
Within the next week or two we'll be fab'ing up a tunnel dump for the Powderlites Nytro/Garrett setup to match Dave's 'double divorced downpipe' spec. I'll be running it on my PL Nytro/CR Tunnel...but it should work just as well on any Nytro Tunnel...(with stock radiator/heat exchanger arm removed).

Curt at FASTRAX MOTORSPORTS will be doing the work, and with enough interest I'm sure he'd jig it up and build a kit...shoot him a note/give him a call if you're interested.

I expect the kit will look much like the CR MCX kit, but set up for the Garrett...may be a few extra bucks for extra fab/WAFR bung/etc...but well worth it for a 'bolt on' system.

Darko

Reaction score
Website
www.caseydarke.com
hate to say but after a lot of reading about tunnel dump on an other site,seems like not the way to go,at least with mid mounts.heat issues and deep powder snuffing the motor.wish i could have!

You have a link, i'd love to have a read ?

How can snow "snuff" the motor when the pipe is turned to opposite way ?

Never once heard of anyone with an Alpine front mount or an MCX/CR tunnel dump having 1 issue with this on Nytros. Who makes a Mid Mount Nytro kit that tunnel dumps ? Im curious now lol (Not trying to start a argument, just want to read how this is even possible)

patzzzap

Reaction score
I was at E&S in the fort today .Darren was showing me his new header and muffler designtunnel mount which gains a bit of HP and alot of weight savings

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i know my nytro aint turbo'd but i did pipe it in the frugalist way possible. i pulled the seat off and the muffler cover and the mufler of course. i heated up and bent the header tube down so that i pointed strait and not up, if anyone does as i did take extra caution when heating and bending the pipe cuz i almost put a crack in it luckily we were able to braze it and fix it up. i used just a simple $40 bottle that i happened to have kikin around in my shed to replace the stock muffler and run it under the tunnel and used the stock muffler mount holes to clamp the new bottle in place and then covered the hole with a peice of tin for now till i fab somethin better up in the summer. all is said and done it sounds great and lightens it up a bit to. check out the pics i think it does the trick if all u want is a lil better sound

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 190

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried out my new tunnel dump this weekend and it worked really good. It's a little louder on the trail, but way wuieter in the pow:d

Here's a couple pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 165

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is only hear say but on the apex's mpi does not recommend tunnel dump, they say the deep snow will snuff the motor and cause a delay or hesitation. i personally have not seen this nor does it make sense to me as you have way more back pressure then the pressure of the snow that will linger around the outlet. so i can not see it making much of a difference to a nytro.

Top Bottom