Tunnel dump exhaust on t-nytro's?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone besides Darko on here that has or had a tunnel dump exhaust on their T-Nytro (mid or rear mounts) & what it actually sounds like........... too noisey? Any issues to speak of?

Thx in advance:beer::beer:

RN

W

woodies

hate to say but after a lot of reading about tunnel dump on an other site,seems like not the way to go,at least with mid mounts.heat issues and deep powder snuffing the motor.wish i could have!

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they are actual facts or just here-say........ I've had my stock Nytro done up with a Yoshimura muffler into the tunnel from day 1 with over 1800km on it & NEVER had plugging off issues with it. I know there were MCX kits out last year with tunnel dumps on them............ just curious to hear from them
Thx again though

RN

prowlerk

Reaction score
Definately louder than coming straight out the back, and as far as heat and snow snuffing there was no issues at all with mine last year. The only thing I don't like is I don't have a hand warmer anymore!! Any word on snow back home Murray?

W

woodies

Definately louder than coming straight out the back, and as far as heat and snow snuffing there was no issues at all with mine last year. The only thing I don't like is I don't have a hand warmer anymore!! Any word on snow back home Murray?
wtf the idiots on sw yapping about?dang do have pics?i want to do mine!:d

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Chit Prowler, I didn't think you had the tunnel dump on urs........... Is it noticebly louder than ur dad's? I know of a few guys out this weekend, but no word back yet on the conditions. Word from home says it was dumping up high though for the past few days!!! I'm tired of following you fuggers around in the steep n deep, so you might be helpin' me learn to ride BOOST this year:d:beer:

RN

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I know at least 5 guys that ran tunnel dump on the MCX kits and no problems. They are only louder on the trail or hard snow. They are actually alot quieter in the pow. All of the Alpine and Impulse turbos dump in the tunnel. I have a side pipe on my Apex...6 inch straight pipe right off the turbo, now that's loud.:d

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx NM, I figured that the front mounts had a tunnel dump; but wasn't sure if it would be much of a difference with the rear mounts being noisier out in the back end. Thx again guys!!!:beer:
I had already made my mind up on this, but just wanted a little feedback with real-world experience.:d

RN

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to try a tunnel dump later on. Definitely would make it easier for carrying things back there.

prowlerk

Reaction score
It is a fair bit louder than the old man's, and yes how can I be of assistance getting you into a turbo this year!! don't want to listen to the whining again this year!!!! LMFAO

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a fair bit louder than the old man's, and yes how can I be of assistance getting you into a turbo this year!! don't want to listen to the whining again this year!!!! LMFAO

HOLY FUGG............ whining??? LOL WE're not gonna hear the end of it from ur buddy on the front mount Apex........... he'll be the one whining with his hood off all year!!!:d
Mine should be done inside a cpl weeks with a few changes to it:d

RN

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these tunnel dump MCX Nytro's still running the stock tunnel and cooler.
I was told the tunnel dump only works well with aftermarket tunnels with the cooler delete/placed elswhere.
Would be nice to have cold fuel, and probably a 10lbs reduction.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these tunnel dump MCX Nytro's still running the stock tunnel and cooler.
I was told the tunnel dump only works well with aftermarket tunnels with the cooler delete/placed elswhere.
Would be nice to have cold fuel, and probably a 10lbs reduction.

Yeah the CR racing tunnel dump elbow does interfere with the stock cooler. I just cut mine off of the flange turned it down untill it cleared the cooler and rewelded it back on. Then drew a parallel lin with the top of the track and cut off the excess. Save the $ and just cut the flange off the MCxpess muffler to turbo adaptor and weld your own elbow on it. mine worked awesome all last year.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the CR racing tunnel dump elbow does interfere with the stock cooler. I just cut mine off of the flange turned it down untill it cleared the cooler and rewelded it back on. Then drew a parallel lin with the top of the track and cut off the excess. Save the $ and just cut the flange off the MCxpess muffler to turbo adaptor and weld your own elbow on it. mine worked awesome all last year.

You did this on your stocker with out deleting the cooler on the right side of the tunnel?
Thought about it last year but was uneasy about doing it.
A pic would be great!

W

woodies

after much debating and looking under the tunnel, i did a tip to keep the exhaust off the fuel.chit pics of a apex

Attachments

• CIMG0944.jpg
    CIMG0944.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_1641.jpg
    100_1641.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 383
W

woodies

Looks good.... 3" tip? So when it rains, your exhaust will fill up with water? Lol
here's nytro tunnel.3inch?try 6 inch!and its larger than muffler so no filling up!:d

Attachments

• 100_1417.jpg
    100_1417.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 398

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woodies, my first elbow I put on my MCX muffler melted a gas can. The end of the elbow needs to clear the edge of the can. I was OK when the can was full. It must have blown out coming down the trail after a ride. I put a longer elbow on and it was fine. Might want to check that just in case.

Top Bottom