tunnel damage....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all tunnel extensions use existing tunnel to mount to....so thats out.....new stock tunnel is 2600$. best to go aftermarket or bang it out and ride it. or have something custom fabbed up after you cut the damage out/

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bang it out, throw a 1/8" support behind it, and stick a wrap over it. Outta sight, outta mind lol.. If you need any help, pm me, I'm in the Mac too. Nothin a case of beer can't fix hahahaha.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no collison :( ... yea hit a stump in the snow and it flipped and landed on the stump or something. buddy of mine borrowed it..

just trying to see all the options out there so it doesnt cost him a fortune.. its not looking good though..

Get collision!!!

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
finally picked her up last night :( its twisted on the other side too, whole back piece (bumper, light housing thing, snowflap, is busted..)

it seems to look a lot worse in person (well to me anyways) compared to the pictures.

NewImage.jpg

NewImage1.jpg

justpinit

Reaction score
Ft Mac should have some decent fab shops. I would bash it all as straight as you can at home in the garage, then take some pics of the VE or similar bumper set-up with you. If they have a CNC router or water jet it doesn't cost too much to carve up 2 flat pieces of alum , and adding custom stuff like your name or ??? is no big deal.

CR Racing here in Kelowna has an extension kit for $300.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you plan on keeping this sled, you can just order up a VE tunnel extension with bumper. throw on a custom flap and led tail light and it'll be good to go. cost you less than $500
if you plan on selling it in the near future go with the complete tunnel swap and be looking at around $3000

if you go with the latter you will get a little more for resale but nowhere near what you paid extra for the tunnel.

id

Last edited:

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with VE.. they think putting a custom tunnel extension (150) and a bumper kit (944) would work good. I would need to cut off the back piece by the seat so you would have a seam there and then one in the back. plus about 150 to ship

new tunnel plus u cooler would be about 2000 us.. then shipped..

but in the end im still going to have to pay to have someone either cut the back on and put the rest of the ch!t on or put the new tunnel on. my bf would be able to strip it down pretty far and then put it back together but im sure its still going to cost more in the long run for the whole new tunnel

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Ken and Bruce at Mountain Magic now. Tell them where you are at on this. Mention that Specialty told you that you need to replace your frame. I would bet they would go out of there way to accomodate you for a better deal or better options. They are good peeps to deal with and there is a rather healthy rivalry between the 2 shops..

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was mine I would not accept anything less than what It was, your so called friend owes you that!!!!! Don't settle for after market crap it will decrease the value of the sled

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beleive she commented in an earlier post that her friend is more than happy to cover all the costs but she is just trying herself to find a less expensive option for him.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consider a new aftermarket tunnel will cost you 1200 + install proffesionally. So around 2500 bucks. Or a new doo frame 2500$ and you can do it yourself other than you have to take the entire sled apart to swap. About 2 hard days of work. Tough choice. A tunnel extension is not the answer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consider a new aftermarket tunnel will cost you 1200 + install proffesionally. So around 2500 bucks. Or a new doo frame 2500$ and you can do it yourself other than you have to take the entire sled apart to swap. About 2 hard days of work. Tough choice. A tunnel extension is not the answer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

yeah my bf feels the exact same way you do.

i actually like the look at the after market tunnel skidoo wants 2680 for a reg. tunnel :| its kind of ugly ..lol just personal perference.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i actually like the look at the after market tunnel skidoo wants 2680 for a reg. tunnel :| its kind of ugly ..lol just personal perference.

shop around! at this time of year the prices are drastically reduced!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy deal but your bud and you should come to a fair price for the sled , and then be his to do what ever he chooses. You can then move on with another sled of the same year or newer.
This way he can fix and keep or sell after it is fixed.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no one understands why i will never lend them my sled. this is why. lol.

can you tell if the damage goes past the rear susnension mount? any tweaking towards the brake chaincase area?

is the cooler leaking? a tweak like that may have put some cracks in the cooler you may not even see. hairline fractures.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my point as when you get into these things it can keep going. Friends can become not so much so just easier to pay for the sled and rebuild or part it out and lesson learned by both partys.
Move on and still be friends.

can you tell if the damage goes past the rear susnension mount? any tweaking towards the brake chaincase area?

is the cooler leaking? a tweak like that may have put some cracks in the cooler you may not even see. hairline fractures.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When was the last time you rode YOUR sled? How many miles do you put on other peoples?

just messing with ya.........

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no one understands why i will never lend them my sled. this is why. lol.can you tell if the damage goes past the rear susnension mount? any tweaking towards the brake chaincase area?is the cooler leaking? a tweak like that may have put some cracks in the cooler you may not even see. hairline fractures.
It doesn't look like the damage goes back much farther. A few people haveLooked it (not that their experts) but they all agree it's not up to the rear suspension. Doesn't look like any cracks in the cooler, nor is it leaking coolant, hoping their isn't any hair line fractures. Pretty sure were just going to strip it down, order a new VE tunnel and have specialty or mountain magic put it on. And he doesn't want the sled. He just had his stolen a few weeks ago and is waiting to hear back from insurance to get his own.

Top Bottom