Tunnel brace install

XanderKane

Reaction score
I searched the site and found nothing so far. I sent my PAR full length tunnel braces to be powder coated and I'm trying to figure out the best rivets to use. Considering the braces are getting coated in white and I'll have a red wrap underneath I'd like to use red rivets. For those of you who have have done a similar install with this product of a similar product what did you use? Stainless steel rivets? Flat head rivets? I like the strength a flat head rivet would provide however it seems a bit "overkill". Any suggestion would be great, also what length of rivets did you use. The website said standard rivets provided however mine didn't come with them.

image.jpg

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just use regular azz aluminum pop rivets, long enough so you have enough meat for a back up washer on the inside ,guessing maybe 1/2"(washer not needed but thats just a little extra insurance ) and the last but not least a air rivet gun is a must. unless you really like using manual rivet guns. you can get a pretty good one from princess auto, I love mine. Also you should peen the inside flat anywhere that the rivets might contact the track or it will shred the edge of your track. (hold a good size hammer on the head of the rivet or better yet have somebody else hold it and then with the ball end of a ballpeen hammer pound the rivet nice and flat so its a nice smooth bump.

XanderKane

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I do have an air riveter, that tool is a must have for sure, use it every chance I get

Michael427

Reaction score
You can get regular rivets with a gloss or flat white finish that look pretty good in white on white finish

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt do aluminum. Not sure how much those will move but i put boards on my iq and used aluminum and they loosened up after a while.

Top Bottom