Tunnel Bags

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a tunnel bag for my XP, 154. I had a look at the Doo backpack / tunnel bag combo and the SKINZ bag online. Wondering if anyone has used either of these and what you thought of them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked up a bag from snobunje at the sled show, true north adventure gear only it's too small, also looking for something else.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the BRP backpack / bag combo system on my machine. I like it. completly waterproof so she stays dry inside. Plenty of room to pack stuff like extra winter gear.

if you want to remove it from the tunnel it takes literaly seconds and you can turn it into a backpack with the draw of one zipper, pull the shoulder starps out and your good to go.
also has spots for shovel and probe if you like to carry a second set ON the machine

i have no complaints about it what so ever.
perhaps theres better systems out there, as i have not used anything other the BRP bag.

98sumitt

Reaction score
picked up a bag from snobunje at the sled show, true north adventure gear only it's too small, also looking for something else.

Checkout the Craigerbuilt QRS system. They work awesome and releasr off your sled in about 1 second. Thats what i'd be buying.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with the SKINZ bag or the non backpack BRP bag?

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
non back pack brp bag ( black and silver) expandable JUNK my ripped on the first ride at silent last year

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to think outside the bag,....

Pelican case is the way to go, we had several soft bags over the years, and this is by FAR the best option. It takes a bit of time and effort to get it all set up, but its the perfect tunnel case.

Dean

This is how it ended up

IMG_2913.jpg

Bolted it directly to the tunnel, used foam spacers to keep it just off the tunnel

IMG_2909.jpg

Be VERY careful with your drill, pay attention

IMG_2910.jpg

Keeps everything dry and secure

IMG_2916.jpg

This one is on a 151 Summit, the latches on the case just clear the jerry can, perfect fit

IMG_2914.jpg

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to think outside the bag,....

Pelican case is the way to go, we had several soft bags over the years, and this is by FAR the best option. It takes a bit of time and effort to get it all set up, but its the perfect tunnel case.

Dean

This is how it ended up

View attachment 38465

Bolted it directly to the tunnel, used foam spacers to keep it just off the tunnel

View attachment 38466

Be VERY careful with your drill, pay attention

View attachment 38467

Keeps everything dry and secure

View attachment 38468

This one is on a 151 Summit, the latches on the case just clear the jerry can, perfect fit

View attachment 38469

What is the model# on the case Dean, 1500 or 1520 I am guessing? Been thinking of this for awhile now - will mount one on the next machine forsure.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a 1450 i think,

We put a yellow one on an XRS,

Looks great

Case1.jpg

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the non backback bag and I am not real impressed with it. Everything seams to get wet in there.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
non back pack brp bag ( black and silver) expandable JUNK my ripped on the first ride at silent last year

X2 Mine ripped first ride I took it back no problem and exchanged for the same bag...3 times last yr...everyone ripped within a couple rides...I'm sure there are some good ones out there but not this one.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any oilfield supply storecan get them (Midfield, CE Franklin, Apex) and I think I saw them at the new Wholesale Sports at south common.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dean that is a very nice set up. what is the cost of that..

pissednbroke

Reaction score
I run the skinz bag on my m8 and the thing works great and if you want to poke at a hill or go in to the cabin for lunch it only takes 10 seconds to get it off.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
With our next stock order we'll be bringing in some of the Skinz Powderpak's. It's one of the few waterproof tunnel Pak's we have found. It'll be nice to keep stuff dry for a change.

cooper

Reaction score
i use the BRP backpack / bag combo system on my machine. I like it. completly waterproof so she stays dry inside. Plenty of room to pack stuff like extra winter gear.

if you want to remove it from the tunnel it takes literaly seconds and you can turn it into a backpack with the draw of one zipper, pull the shoulder starps out and your good to go.
also has spots for shovel and probe if you like to carry a second set ON the machine

i have no complaints about it what so ever.
perhaps theres better systems out there, as i have not used anything other the BRP bag.

I agree works great even though them plastic clips look chezzy they seam to work for me.later:beer:

Top Bottom