Tuning 96 xcr sp

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has a spec for jet sizes on a 96 xcr xp with the case reed engine 600. Wifes sled starts awsome, idles ok, bogs like a beach when trying to rev up and smokes like a tire fire when running down the trail. plugs look ok though. they were wet on center and pto side so i dropped needle clips 2 position on both. ran a little better and plugs cleaned up. but still smoken. haven't pulled carbs yet to see jet size but wondering what they should be. also looks like oil has been advanced about 1/8 on the lever judging by the marks. Engine was suppposed to be new top end when i purchased and have put on about 100 miles since. any help will be great.:mad:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the large of amount of smoke could be a oil line issue. Check the oil line. For the bogging could be clutching. Has the primary spring ever been changed?Has the bushings been changed or the rollers? The clutch spring could be worn out and remains in high gear. Hope this helps.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oiler was advanced a bit so i lined it up were it is supposed to be and checked my carbs again. center cable had popped out of position and wasn't working. goes ok now still smokin but bot as bad probably just all the excess oil in the pipes.

Top Bottom