Tudeau's "employee discount tax".

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is next? The Lib-tards say it is not them bringing this in but rather the CRA enforcing an already "on the books law". Another series of lies from the "common-senseless" twits in Ottawa......

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/gov-...-workers-with-employee-discount-tax-1.3625058
The way I read this is the tax would be limited to discounts the employer is offering it's employees but only to the extent that the discount goes below the employers cost.

Why bother? Is this sort of thing rampant?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to know how this will work?

Employee gets a discount then next week have to put the remaining items on sale so the public has equal opportunity?

Airline business will be up in arms

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fawkin idiots are squandering so much money that they are trying to tax anything imaginable to reduce the deficit. In business it is difficult to increase revenue but easy to reduce costs, someone needs to buy these dummies a business 101 textbook.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I read this is the tax would be limited to discounts the employer is offering it's employees but only to the extent that the discount goes below the employers cost.

That's not what the article says

Quote: Before the change, which some expect to come into effect Jan. 1, employers were advised to tax employee discounts only if the employee was purchasing the merchandise below the employer’s cost. Unquote

They will now be taxing any discount... not the discount below cost.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've "heard" some employers allowing employees to order items at cost through payroll deduction as long as the items are at least loosely business related. That way the employer writes off the items and the employee doesn't have to pay income tax on that money.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tudeau's "employee discount tax".

Hes protecting his trust fund. Man I hate that guy.

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup. Liberals are the skid Mark on the underpants of society.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another point of view...............from the CBC this time. With an italicized quote taken from the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/revenue-canada-employee-benefits-tax-1.4348076?cmp=rss

"Hardworking, low-income, wage-earning retail workers should not have to pay tax on the small employee discounts they receive, this tax will actually cost more to administer and enforce than it will raise in revenue but it's perfectly consistent with Justin Trudeau's uncontrollable addiction to spending."He's running out of other people's money and now he's asking CRA to find him more," he said.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just once I'd like to come home after work and relaxe by reading the new and not find this a$$hole trying to ram his hand in my back pocket.
For the love of god trudope you took what was left yesterday!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another point of view...............from the CBC this time. With an italicized quote taken from the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/revenue-canada-employee-benefits-tax-1.4348076?cmp=rss

"Hardworking, low-income, wage-earning retail workers should not have to pay tax on the small employee discounts they receive, this tax will actually cost more to administer and enforce than it will raise in revenue but it's perfectly consistent with Justin Trudeau's uncontrollable addiction to spending."He's running out of other people's money and now he's asking CRA to find him more," he said.

The quote is from (of course) the Conservative finance critic....far be it for a CBC writer to actually criticize Trudope the wonder dummy.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the government tabled a bill to take the penny out of production to save
the country a million a year or whatever the figure was,you know we are scraping
the bottom of the barrel as far as IQ's go.It's not a hard stretch to figure out things
are going to go downhill from there.(and fast)
More laws=bigger government=more government employees with more expense accounts
and pensions =more tax's. It will never end.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is getting close to communism, get everyone poor and then the gov't will have total control....next will be gun control....dis-arm the people...what a phuckin loser gov't

Top Bottom