Tubes

Kruchy

Reaction score
I took my tire off of the rzr 4 because it was going flat. Tire guy said it had a pin hole in the face of it. He put a patch on but it still leaked. He put a tube in the tire. I asked him if the tube would turn inside the tire, he said no. Not sure if I should take it some where else and try get it fixed properly. Has anyone had any luck running tubes or is it just a bad idea?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Have run tubes in lots of quad tires,best thing to do for bead leaks or cracked rims.
Never had a problem.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, nothing wrong with a tube...I've run a few of them also...never a problem.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing that sucks with tubes is when you are out on the trail and puncture your tire you cant just plug it, pump it up, and go again. You will need a spare instead i guess.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had a few problems with tubes, they'll spin inside the tire and rip out valve stem had it done a few times, said hell with the aggravation bought new tire. same if ya get a flat.

not worth the trouble in my opinion, and you should get a tire repair kit and fill the hole with a few plugs.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had a few problems with tubes, they'll spin inside the tire and rip out valve stem had it done a few times, said hell with the aggravation bought new tire. same if ya get a flat.

not worth the trouble in my opinion, and you should get a tire repair kit and fill the hole with a few plugs.

Must have been Polaris tubes trying to move the queen faster.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the same problem bent rim tire held air while riding but went flat sitting for a day drove me crazy tried everything to stop the leak got a new rim from polaris no more leak there only 150 going to put a tube in the old one for a spare

jigger

Reaction score
I've been running tubes in my front tires of my rhino for year 1/2 no issues. I had an un-repairable slash in the side wall. The best option is to buy a new tire but some times cost is a factor

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran tubes in my rhino for years. Got tired of popping the bead off with the extra weight of the SXS. IMO it is a good idea for the SXS but not so necessary for the quads. I do pack a spare though.

Top Bottom