TSS "quiet" tunnel dump installed on t3: video comparison with stock

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So .. in the name of science, I did this to my brand new snowmobile .. let me tell ya, wasn't the least stressful thing i've done all day!

IMG_4138.JPG

I've generally been opposed to aftermarket cans, but I guess it's a little too late to go back now.. so here's the video of the TSS tunnel dump "quiet" can compared to stock.. hope I don't regret putting a gaping hole in the side of my brand new machine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UUmeLOyhU8&list=UUMZ5HpyscICKZ9ujZNglRKA

The final result should be even quieter than this, as I don't have my skid plate on yet. Once I put the skid plate on it should muffle the sound a bit more .. so far I'm pleased with the sound ..

if we ever get any snow I'll post another video of the riding / wot sound.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a turbo that had a tunnel dump. And there was no stinger. The tunnel acts like a silencer and more so once the track is spinning. And for the most part the smoke goes out the back. Never had any issues with plugging the exhaust. 🍺

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like it, nice a quiet i didnt know they had a quiet can, i just picked up a tss can for my 15 but im worried that its to loud, i hear a few people saying they a loud, i dont mind some bark out of the can on the gas but i like it quiet when its just sitting, to many make your ears bleed. how was the fitment

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the tunnel dump? I've looked at going into that area a few times for exhaust and I was always worried about cutting into that area without a plate doubler.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a speedwerx tunnel dumper on my cat m1000, best thing I done to sled. Shop and trail was louder. In the snow a bit quieter. Never any bogging.

For my XM, I'd be convinced on it to save weight and lower the CG. Personally I've never bogged with the stock can so my choice wouldn't be based on a performance increase as there was with my 1000. And that was riding the mid January meter dumps in Revy/TL.
I've also got a Mtn Fit good and intake- no issues.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like it, nice a quiet i didnt know they had a quiet can, i just picked up a tss can for my 15 but im worried that its to loud, i hear a few people saying they a loud, i dont mind some bark out of the can on the gas but i like it quiet when its just sitting, to many make your ears bleed. how was the fitment
There normal can is VERY loud open throttle even at idle it's noticeably loud

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what happens if a guy wants to go to another can or to a turbo with this set up? do you just deal with the hole there? or?

Top Bottom