Trygstad motorsports dealer network-872 etec

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Dave this morning. Awesome guy with tonnes of patience to answer your questions. Just thought I would pass along the info that I was calling him about. So to purchase as an outright kit so you can keep your stock cylinder, head, and raves adds another $1100. So 3350 plus clutching. Actually not to bad considering you could put your sled back to stock and sell the kit if you wanted.
So would it be $2250 if you used your existing parts?

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Damm ! I heard about you guys, looks like I may have to dig deeper into my bag of secret tricks this summer! And Dave may have to also! Right DAVE!
Yes the 872 is the baddest of the baddest! I am glad you are happy about the 872 ! Now please go back to what you had ! It was way more fun that way hahaha !

allrevrule
Just got back from Jackson Hole World Championship Hillclimb in Wyoming - Our Sponsored racer Tom Roby was the only one to post any
1st place finishes for Ski Doo team with 2 wins, 1 was on board his 2014 872R improved stock package turning out 215 HP plus, Class
was Pro Masters 1000 improved, Hill was a challenge this year to say the least, All of our 11 sponsored racers did very well, many are
on 872's. We have made some changes to our racers sleds with the results we expected which will be working there way to our consumer
builds soon,

With the help of our talented sponsored racers is how we keep developing our proven line of Rotax engine products, both race and consumer
and along the way have posted thousands of documented race wins!!

Keep up the good work guys!

Dave Trygstad
trygstad-motorsports.com
Your leader in Rotax engine performance and development

karter44

Reaction score
I have a full team clutch kit c/w shaft and extra springs and helix for sale $400 takes all in BC went a different way very happy with my 872 put a 3" 163 with 7 tooth drivers have 1575 miles on it runs great Thanks Dave Call Cal 250-961-1956

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a full team clutch kit c/w shaft and extra springs and helix for sale $400 takes all in BC went a different way very happy with my 872 put a 3" 163 with 7 tooth drivers have 1575 miles on it runs great Thanks Dave Call Cal 250-961-1956
that's steal for some one.

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize these were so well priced.

The pre season sales for our 872 Etec Big Bore on the new T-3 platform is way above expected!, 174 and 872 is going to be one great combination,
Have ridden the new 174 T-3 vehicle and determined it will be unstoppable with the extra 25 plus horsepower that our proven 872 kit will offer!
Many new updates continue to be developed for our complete product line during the short off season. Hard to believe we have had the 872 Etec
on the snow for 5 Years!

We are setting up a Canadian installer-supplier that will be having available both our 872 piston rebuilt kits along with some of our other
performance line of products, More to come soon.

Dave Trygstad
Home Page
Your Leader in Rotax Performance and Development!

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pre season sales for our 872 Etec Big Bore on the new T-3 platform is way above expected!, 174 and 872 is going to be one great combination,
Have ridden the new 174 T-3 vehicle and determined it will be unstoppable with the extra 25 plus horsepower that our proven 872 kit will offer!
Many new updates continue to be developed for our complete product line during the short off season. Hard to believe we have had the 872 Etec
on the snow for 5 Years!

We are setting up a Canadian installer-supplier that will be having available both our 872 piston rebuilt kits along with some of our other

Dave Trygstad
Home Page

I'm not a ski-doo guy.. But I bet the New 174 T3 with your 872 will probably be a dam fine combo... And the price wow - good for you guys making it reasonable.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the snow for 5 Years!

Dave Trygstad
Home Page
Any hints as to who the Canuck dealers are going to be? Might make a difference where a guy snowchecks....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is important....I got my Yammy bud twisting my arm pretty hard....

Once in a lifetime you meet a man you can look up to,
A man who makes you proud,
The kind if man who makes you strive to be a better person.
I am not that man.

karter44

Reaction score
Hey Dave I am going to sell my 2013 xm with the 872 in it with the 3" 163 I put my add in the ski doo for sale section on snow and mud if you know anyone out west that is looking for one and then I can put a new 872 in my new 174 great combo thanks Cal

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Any hints as to who the Canuck dealers are going to be? Might make a difference where a guy snowchecks....

Riderz in Edson does a lot of our 872 packages , Get a hold of Jason there, There is quite a few 872 Etecs around the Red Deer area,
Give a call and I can get you to an installer in that area.
Dave Trygstad
507-281-3545

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is important....I got my Yammy bud twisting my arm pretty hard....

Once in a lifetime you meet a man you can look up to,
A man who makes you proud,
The kind if man who makes you strive to be a better person.
I am not that man.

A 872 and 174 would be killer dave

Have u road a xm at all, the difference between a xp and xm is Like a Mach 1 to a rev....

I can't ride the xp, it's jackies now lol

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
After 3 great days in Revy this last weekend, doing multiple clutching/tuning combinations, 2 of our 872 XM were seeing track speeds of 60 mph climbing helicopter bowl. These are 174 x 3" track sleds...one of these sleds was still running the stock muffler and can (which is what Dave recommends) the other was aftermarket exhaust...some super climbs were made by both sleds. I am really starting to like the torque that this motor is making, it holds speed very well and does not seem to be finicky...still have a way to go to catch you Barry, but I believe you will be impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheriff
Glad to see that you are seeing what the 872 Etec build is capable of, We have been very busy continuing to improve on this great engine package, What we learned with our sponsored racers on the RMSHA circuit along with more time on the 901 Superflow Dyno we continue to apply to all of our builds for the coming season.
Our new updated piston design is showing the expected gains that we are seeing, more low end power- throttle response and also a 2 HP gain on top plus smoother running also!

We have at this time over 60 Ski Doo-Brp dealers installing this 872 Etec package and many other shops installing them also.

We are at this time building kits for the new 2015 T-3 vehicles and have them in stock for outright purchase and also exchange when the new sleds hit the dealers floor. At this time we have pricing for the 872 BB kit at $2,150.00 servicing customer supplied cylinder, head, rave valves, We also have kits for outright purchase and keep your stock components at great pricing, Call on quote,

Dave Trygstad
507-281-3545

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA ! So there I was punted ! Oh well. I rode with 2stroke turbos the other weekend and I was very pleased how the 872 did! Would I go turbo NO!
I can stay with them all day. Still a die hard NA guy. Sheriff can break trail for me I will get there ! 872 rules other drool !

Well plans to put the old 880 ptec back in play this year on a carbon sled to see how it compares to the mighty alrevs 872...lol

No fun if we were all on the same team:beer:

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
I can't wait to try the 872, I just shipped 2 800r engines down to Dave from BC to be built complete with his cranks, I'll let you know pricing on complete engine build with cranks including shipping just so people know the cost.

I will let you know when I receive your shipped engines and go over scope of work requested, I have saved two of the new updated version crankshafts as we discussed.

Dave trygstad

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave, in your kit you include a manifold piece to replace the existing thermostat. Why does your new piece not have a thermostat?

also, someone had a kit of yours on display at the show,there was plenty of porting on the exhaust side but nothing on the intake side, why not the intake?

Last edited:

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Well plans to put the old 880 ptec back in play this year on a carbon sled to see how it compares to the mighty alrevs 872...lol

No fun if we were all on the same team:beer:

Hey Fred I see you finally figured I was not going to sell you any 872 products after your 5 plus years of trying, The latest with having someone else try to buy for you was great, I also saved the phone messages of your wanting to buy a 872 and a shortblock assembly and others, I have saved most all of your posts of bashing me personally and my 872 products over the last 6 years some were very creative, One of your best stated that a flatland engine builder does not know anything about building mountain engines and claims to run 560 plus jets!
Good luck with your build there, hopefully you will not need another 1200.00 helicopter lift out again, and worst yet have to double out on back of an certain 872 again!
My thread Fred.
Dave T

Top Bottom