Trygstad motorsports dealer network-872 etec

jaxondean

Reaction score
TTT - I was wondering if there were dealers in Alberta ( Edmonton / Red Deer area) that are selling , and installing these BB's

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That promo video looks really suspect. The hill didn't even look that big and the riders were turning out way too early.

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
TTT - I was wondering if there were dealers in Alberta ( Edmonton / Red Deer area) that are selling , and installing these BB's

Jaxondean
Get a hold of the crew at Riderz in Edson, Better yet go try one out there for yourself and make your own
opinion, There are a lot of 872's in the Red Deer area,

Give a call for more info and dealers
Dave Trygstad
507-281-3545
trygstad-motorsorts.com
Your Leader in Rotax Performance and Development

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did a couple of these for a customer early this season. They have run flawlessly and the customer couldn't be happier with how they run. Much stronger than stock, no hiccups even in break-in mode running stock exhaust. Dave gave us excellent support, was always available to answer my dumb questions and has been proactive on checking up after the sale. No complaints here!

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the approximate HP of this BB.20 30 40 hp gain over stock?can you get this kit for about 3-G or is it more.thanks

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the approximate HP of this BB.20 30 40 hp gain over stock?can you get this kit for about 3-G or is it more.thanks

I have no idea what they make on a dyno. I can tell you the one I put together put a hurt on a sled (Cat) that was about 60-70 lbs lighter, 900cc that was just under 200 on a dyno (not that I believe dyno numbers). This was 163 tracks and informal drags on the hill, trading riders between sleds.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We installed one of Daves kits on my nephews 2011 Summit 800 etec and I have to say this kit is very impressive. My nephew is totally satisfied with Dave answering his questions and setting up the sled for his riding area. I am at a new store now and have recommended to the service manager that we take on a Trygstad dealership opportunity. This is a great option for guys that want good reliable horsepower and not having to go the volatile turbo route.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posted on Snowest .

I ride a 900 Pro Lite which before this weekend I swore had more beans than the 872s. Its loud and rorty, hits really hard in the middle and has dragged my big butt up some pretty treacherous steep climbs. We drag raced the two of them on a small lake. The 872 was a sled to a sled and a half ahead at 250-300 feet. The 872 has a belt drive and stock track, the 900 has a 3" X3 track and belt drive. Clutching on the 872 is really close(Roosterbuilt) and the ProLite needs a little more clutch tuning but it's getting max rpm, just not as hard in the middle as it should be. We swapped out 4 different riders and the 872 won every single time even when the ProLite was ridden by a guy who weighs 50lbs less. Never would have believed it if I hadn't been there myself.

allrevsrule

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA ! So there I was punted ! Oh well. I rode with 2stroke turbos the other weekend and I was very pleased how the 872 did! Would I go turbo NO!
I can stay with them all day. Still a die hard NA guy. Sheriff can break trail for me I will get there ! 872 rules other drool !

Sheriff

Reaction score
After 3 great days in Revy this last weekend, doing multiple clutching/tuning combinations, 2 of our 872 XM were seeing track speeds of 60 mph climbing helicopter bowl. These are 174 x 3" track sleds...one of these sleds was still running the stock muffler and can (which is what Dave recommends) the other was aftermarket exhaust...some super climbs were made by both sleds. I am really starting to like the torque that this motor is making, it holds speed very well and does not seem to be finicky...still have a way to go to catch you Barry, but I believe you will be impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

allrevsrule

Reaction score
Damm ! I heard about you guys, looks like I may have to dig deeper into my bag of secret tricks this summer! And Dave may have to also! Right DAVE!
Yes the 872 is the baddest of the baddest! I am glad you are happy about the 872 ! Now please go back to what you had ! It was way more fun that way hahaha !

Sheriff

Reaction score
Damm ! I heard about you guys, looks like I may have to dig deeper into my bag of secret tricks this summer! And Dave may have to also! Right DAVE!
Yes the 872 is the baddest of the baddest! I am glad you are happy about the 872 ! Now please go back to what you had ! It was way more fun that way hahaha !

Dave, if you are on here, just a quick question. Do you recommend adding any timing on your high compression kits? I have been playing with as Much as 3 degrees? Ideas... Maybe pm me or I will call you tomorrow regarding...thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score

Sounds like you are again having a great season, And yes I am always working on more out of our product, (872) Will be back on the
Superflow real soon, Trying some updates on the guys on the RMSHA circuit with great results also, Will be in Jackson Hole this
weekend for races and see on changes, Hey allrevsrule the new pistons were worth 2 horse alone and smoother running also!

The pro drivers on 872's posted 3 first places at the last race (RMSHA ciruit),

Glad to see that you guys did not put any effort into that bogus 880 challenge on snowest it did not work out that well for them,
Slim turned out twice on 2 runs half way up the designated climb because he was so far behind on his mighty 880!!!!
They searched out a customer at a restaurant riding with his daughter In alpine Wyoming , 872 customer was also much heavier
and still had heavy clutching from Washington state in 872 (low rpm) still didn't take much to send the shr 880 back home!

Dave Trygstad

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are again having a great season, And yes I am always working on more out of our product, (872) Will be back on the
Superflow real soon, Trying some updates on the guys on the RMSHA circuit with great results also, Will be in Jackson Hole this
weekend for races and see on changes, Hey allrevsrule the new pistons were worth 2 horse alone and smoother running also!

The pro drivers on 872's posted 3 first places at the last race (RMSHA ciruit),

Glad to see that you guys did not put any effort into that bogus 880 challenge on snowest it did not work out that well for them,
Slim turned out twice on 2 runs half way up the designated climb because he was so far behind on his mighty 880!!!!
They searched out a customer at a restaurant riding with his daughter In alpine Wyoming , 872 customer was also much heavier
and still had heavy clutching from Washington state in 872 (low rpm) still didn't take much to send the shr 880 back home!

Dave Trygstad
Haha ,but it was a draw .Slim said lmao

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Dave this morning. Awesome guy with tonnes of patience to answer your questions. Just thought I would pass along the info that I was calling him about. So to purchase as an outright kit so you can keep your stock cylinder, head, and raves adds another $1100. So 3350 plus clutching. Actually not to bad considering you could put your sled back to stock and sell the kit if you wanted.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Dave this morning. Awesome guy with tonnes of patience to answer your questions. Just thought I would pass along the info that I was calling him about. So to purchase as an outright kit so you can keep your stock cylinder, head, and raves adds another $1100. So 3350 plus clutching. Actually not to bad considering you could put your sled back to stock and sell the kit if you wanted.
Yep top notch service I can get stuff from Dave faster than I can from some business here in Canada .deaner I'f we were closer you could take mine for the weekend.

Top Bottom