Trygstad motorsports dealer network-872 etec

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A tier 1 engine builder is a tier 1 engine builder, mountain or flatland period IMHO. Dave has proven himself as one of the best at the track and now on the hill. His hillclimb circuit accolades are growing every weekend as well as word of mouth accolades for Joe average weekend warrior on the mountain. Keep up the good work Dave and staff!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will let you know when I receive your shipped engines and go over scope of work requested, I have saved two of the new updated version crankshafts as we discussed.

Dave trygstad

Thanks Dave , I sent purolator Monday last week , I forgot to pack computer in the box for you to have a look at as we discussed so I sent that the other day canada post along with the 2011 860 raves I had bought

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy hell bat man..... Slow down....yes I have had many chopper rides... Lol had one over hover dam recently as well, if you want to count that as well... Yes I remember comming across a guy in revy with your 550 jets... After we dropped it into the high 4s it was a screamer...

Dave if you only new what I have run and am running now you would be doing backflips

Hey Fred I see you finally figured I was not going to sell you any 872 products after your 5 plus years of trying, The latest with having someone else try to buy for you was great, I also saved the phone messages of your wanting to buy a 872 and a shortblock assembly and others, I have saved most all of your posts of bashing me personally and my 872 products over the last 6 years some were very creative, One of your best stated that a flatland engine builder does not know anything about building mountain engines and claims to run 560 plus jets!
Good luck with your build there, hopefully you will not need another 1200.00 helicopter lift out again, and worst yet have to double out on back of an certain 872 again!
My thread Fred.
Dave T

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Dave, in your kit you include a manifold piece to replace the existing thermostat. Why does your new piece not have a thermostat?

also, someone had a kit of yours on display at the show,there was plenty of porting on the exhaust side but nothing on the intake side, why not the intake?

Our developed coolant manifold is designed exclusively for the 872's that we build as with the additional horsepower created it builds a lot more heat, The manifold and its specific internal sizing and bleed system
works as developed for the Xp-Xm 872 vehicles, Yes the Team at Riderz had an 872 Etec Kit on display at the Edmonton Snow Show for sure with great resuts and orders, The intake area does have extensive porting
done to the correct areas before it is sent to plating vendor for stripping and plating as we simply do not rework that area after we receive them back, (we like the finish as is). Intake area on this cylinder reed based engine
is very important to gain the huge low end power increase that our 872 builds produce. Intake areas are where we apply some of our CNC machine work also.
Dave Trygstad

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy hell bat man..... Slow down....yes I have had many chopper rides... Lol had one over hover dam recently as well, if you want to count that as well... Yes I remember comming across a guy in revy with your 550 jets... After we dropped it into the high 4s it was a screamer...

Dave if you only new what I have run and am running now you would be doing backflips

I would like to know what your are and have been running.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what your are and have been running.

Fredw runs some pretty high dollar iron... Think he's running a Carbon fiber, Turbo, BB, with a lot of one of a kind titanium parts currently

Top Bottom