truck front air shock

Nikijo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post so I hope it is in the right section.
I have a GMC 2500HD crew cab desiel. I have firestone air bags on the back an a leveling kit in the front. I got a western V plow this winter an I was thinking of putting the firestone adjustable air shocks on the front hoping to get a little xtra clearance under the plow when in the retracted position.
Any help would be apreciated.
Thanx

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a good idea,I've put one of those on a similar truck,but the guy just jacked the torsion bars all the way up.What type of leveling kit you running up front?

Nikijo

Reaction score
Probably a good idea,I've put one of those on a similar truck,but the guy just jacked the torsion bars all the way up.What type of leveling kit you running up front?
I changed the keys,then got a front end alignment done.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok then it's fairly stiff already. We (GM dealer that I work at) did allot of these kind of levelling(lifts) a few years ago,now they keep coming back for shocks and upper ball joints. We now use the cognito upper control arm and shock extensions. Quality product,changeable upper ball joints,fully grease-able,and has mounts on top for shocks although you'd need a hoop to run them a they'd be over the upper control arm.

bspot

Reaction score
Ahh ok then it's fairly stiff already. We (GM dealer that I work at) did allot of these kind of levelling(lifts) a few years ago,now they keep coming back for shocks and upper ball joints. We now use the cognito upper control arm and shock extensions. Quality product,changeable upper ball joints,fully grease-able,and has mounts on top for shocks although you'd need a hoop to run them a they'd be over the upper control arm.

Yah, except those changeable upper ball joints are 1/2 ton ball joints going on a 3/4 ton truck. We use to install those cognito kits but now have seen some of those ball joints pull apart from the stress.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, except those changeable upper ball joints are 1/2 ton ball joints going on a 3/4 ton truck. We use to install those cognito kits but now have seen some of those ball joints pull apart from the stress.

Thanks,I'll keep an eye out for that,but seen lots of the stock 3/4 ton ball joints pull apart too. You can upgrade the ball joints too,they ship them with made in china ball joints.

Top Bottom