Firestone Air Bag Prices.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any suggestions in where to put the air compressor on a 04 duramax? does it have to be underhood or can it go under truck?

jurban

Reaction score
I have a new 2009 3/4 Ton CrewCab Duramax and I put it under my back seat where the tire wrenchs are and just relocated the tire wrenchs I had to mount it all the way back as far as I could because of the back seat the way they fold up. I know your 2004 back seats fold different that the new ones. I had a 2006 1500HD that I mounted the compressor where the second battery is on your Duramax either way let me know where you mount it as I have to do a compressor on a friends truck this summer and he has a 2006.

Thanks J

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i mounted the compressor outside under the drivers side seat near the frame and ran the air intake into the engine compt. works awsome

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounted my air compressor behind the passanger side battery as well as the relays and manifold block with the pressure switch and dump valve just below the the battery box. It worked out perfect everything was out of site out of mind.Ran the digital control down to just under the dash.

Attachments

• Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 171.jpg
    Picture 171.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

FlyGuy

Reaction score
I've got an 08' F350 Superduty and unless it's got a load the back end slams hard going over bumps at moderate speeds. Would the airbags solve this problem?

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was the same way with the 20" rims go over a speed bump or down the highway with deep cracks it would hit hard,Couldn't beleive the differance how much smoother the ride is know.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need the digital box, Deryl how much?

Won't work with the system I put into your truck.It cames with the air compressor and pressure sensors and is just light duty.The one we put in yours is the heavyduty air compressor and auto sensing for the air tank pressure.I'll see if we can get just a digital gauge.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi deryl,

think i'm finally ready for the bags kidneys are sore enough now....

what would be final price for the bags and controler same setup as your unit,
if you wouldn't mind pm me the price when you get a chance

thank you
curtis

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday.

Inflated bags to 70#.

Picked up 104 rolls of sod. (104 x ~37# ea. = 3848#)

Drove away. You gotta love these things.

sodtruck.jpg

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to get Firestone air bags for my 05 Sierra 1500 (non hd) and I was given sport ride. I was unable to install unless I shimed out 3/4 in from my frame and they still didn't line up. I went to super springs worked fine.

Top Bottom