Truck broke into and almost Stole

cadmo

Reaction score
Was stay Peaks this past weekend and some je*k off decided to try and steal my F350 over Saterday night, they bent the door pannel down by the door handle to get the lock arm and unlock it, then smashed the sh!t out of the column. Luckley it didnt start due to my tinkering and they just cranked it till the battery died and left.

So just a heads up make sure to take extra percaution and take a extra step to make sure your ride is still there and not fu*ked up when you get back and have to go through insurance and get a rental for two dam weeks till Ford fixes it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that sucks, at least they didn't steal the truck, what yr was it. next time shoot the prick.:beer:

cadmo

Reaction score
its a 05 lifted dually king ranch that had two M1000s on it

and ya i would love to take one of my rifles, shot or hand guns and make them a cripple

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't blame you. some people have no respect.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Glad they didnt get the truck,,,or the sleds...

I thought Peaks had a gated compound?Must have it confused with another one??

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad they didnt get the truck,,,or the sleds...

I thought Peaks had a gated compound?Must have it confused with another one??

They do have a gated compound, but you have to unload the sleds and drive them into it, as it doesnt accomodate vehicles. This guy must have still had his sleds loaded on the deck in the parking lot.

Sad: nowhere is safe in Revy anymore.

cadmo

Reaction score
Ya they were loaded on the deck saterday night as we were leaving really early sunday morning to go back to Calgary and it would have taken too much time to load them in the morning.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they were loaded on the deck saterday night as we were leaving really early sunday morning to go back to Calgary and it would have taken too much time to load them in the morning.

I always stay at Peaks because I like the gated compound. However, I am the same as you- I load my sleds the night before we leave onto the trailer to save time. I back the trailer into the bank out of view as much as possible for the night. I worry all night that I have just given the theives a target and sleep very little on the last night. It amazes me that these creeps have no energy for a real job, but plenty of time to case parking lots all night and find our hard-earned toys...

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was stay Peaks this past weekend and some je*k off decided to try and steal my F350 over Saterday night, they bent the door pannel down by the door handle to get the lock arm and unlock it, then smashed the sh!t out of the column. Luckley it didnt start due to my tinkering and they just cranked it till the battery died and left.

So just a heads up make sure to take extra percaution and take a extra step to make sure your ride is still there and not fu*ked up when you get back and have to go through insurance and get a rental for two dam weeks till Ford fixes it.

Hey Cadmo, i was there then too heard about it. I think the Peaks should have cameras installed in the parking lot and compound. Hopefully we can get other people to start asking or commenting on the cameras there and maybe the owner of the Peaks will realize that people won't stay there unless he gets some security cameras or even pay a person to sit at the front doors all night.

topomountain

Reaction score
That's why I stay at the Days Inn. Never a problem with your truck or trailer they have someone watching the parking lot all night as well as having video cameras on the lot.

Thanks to the Days Inn Staff for watching over our gear

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better yet.....get rid of all the little drug users around that town!! Then there won't b any problems.... It's becoming a real problem there!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yeah they are broken into and driven away lots. Cadmo, got super lucky he must have had a amateur try stealing his. :beer:

i had an '04 and always pulled one of the fuses under the hood, usually the fuel pump fuse, when i parked the truck with the sled trailer on..... Pre 2008 f350's can be stolen in less than 60 seconds....

snopro59

Reaction score
yup, easiest vehicle to steal........ pre 2008 f350 ford

Yep, we caught a guy trying to steal my buddies 2007 F350 last Thursday night. He had broke the lock on the passenger side and was just about to get into the truck and do whatever to the column. The dude ran and jumped into another ford truck (dark color with a topper it looked like) and they took off. We have it on camera too! We just finished our last beer and decided to head back to the cabins when it happened. According to the camera he pulled up and was working on the lock for a full 2 minutes before my buddy got there. LUCKY! The bastards would have got away with a sweet F350 with a deck and an enclosed sled trailer with 3 sleds inside.

cadmo

Reaction score
ya there was this and that, that i did to it so it wouldnt start.

But whatever talking to my brother he told me even the gm's with On Star can be stole and not tracked and shut off with doing the right things, so if they want it they will get it.

Ill do what i can to make it a deterent, so hopfuly they dont bother with mine but there is always other methods like a tow truck lol, just like a Harley shop in Ontario drove a semi through the wall. They want it they will get it.

Top Bottom