Trout lake

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anybody ridden the trout lake area? we are thinking about doing a trip that way but none of our crew has been there before. Is it mostly alpine riding or is it a 'something for everyone' type of area?. If someone has and kind of maps to post of the area and/or trails, that would be appreciated. :cool:

Thanks in advance

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
has anybody ridden the trout lake area? We are thinking about doing a trip that way but none of our crew has been there before. Is it mostly alpine riding or is it a 'something for everyone' type of area?. If someone has and kind of maps to post of the area and/or trails, that would be appreciated. :cool:

Thanks in advance

been there a few times.... Great place. Best kept secret in the area.call me if you want...

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Keep in mind this is not a well known area. With the Avy risks being what they are this year you are riding right into the heart of High Risk Riding. Be careful and carry a Sat Phone.
That being said, some awesome riding if you know where to go.

barrone

Reaction score
trout lake is a must do, you cannot missout on this area, I have ridden many areas , trout is the best bar none

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Trout Lake is not an area for everyone. I have been there 4 times and always loved it. There is some rocky areas that you need to be mindful of when climing in the alpine. There is some trails going up the mountain that I have seen some people on but have never taken the time to explore them. However when you get into the alpine there are some steep slopes and tricky terrain to get accross in order to get further back. I would only take people that are at least intermediate and can side hill when they have to and keep there heads up for surrounding conditions. But if you have time and want to explore some of the roads etc then take an easy day and explore. I hear foggy day is a good ride. I want to check that out when I am there next.

Slummit

Reaction score
I am heading there this weekend, I will post some pics and reviews when I get back. I have rode Rudibah and Foggy Day in the past and they are awsome... tons of snow.
I have already discussed the area with the group, there some areas that we will definetly be avoiding this trip, but there will still be plenty of area to play in.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i would defanatly go to trout lake and make sure you go with someone that knows the area. I can sure see getting into trouble there if you don't know the area.

ron......... sssshhhhhhhhh!!! ..... Troutlake sucks, just like blue river..... Never go there. No snow, flatland, not much fun..........

Attachments

• LOL132~1.GIF
    LOL132~1.GIF
    4.3 KB · Views: 856

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Troutlakepan2.jpg

Here's panoramic pic I took of Trout lake last year. Make sure you click on view image full size the use the move the lower scroll bar to the right to see the whole pic.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
troutlakepan2.jpg

here's panoramic pic i took of trout lake last year. Make sure you click on view image full size the use the move the lower scroll bar to the right to see the whole pic.

very cool pic..... You must be in morning glory, on the helicopter pad, for the snow boarders/skiers???

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
has anybody ridden the trout lake area? We are thinking about doing a trip that way but none of our crew has been there before. Is it mostly alpine riding or is it a 'something for everyone' type of area?. If someone has and kind of maps to post of the area and/or trails, that would be appreciated. :cool:

Thanks in advance

esox, did you guys go yet? Or when are ya thinkin' of heading to trout??

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cool pic..... You must be in morning glory, on the helicopter pad, for the snow boarders/skiers???
Not sure of the name of the riding area. We never had been there and we just stopped at the first trail we saw sled tracks going up and that's what we found.:)

Slummit

Reaction score
Just got back Sunday night, conditions were good with 12 -16" of fresh snow. However there wasn't as much snow as there usually is at this time of year. We rode Rudibah on Friday, but one of the guys had sled problems so we headed to Boulder for Saturday so he could stop in Revy and get another sled. If anyone is going there Foggy Day probably still has lots of untouched snow, but Rudibah will need some fresh snow before it is good again.
BTW Boulder was like riding on pavement all day. I would not reccommend going there unless they get a real good storm.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
we staged south of town at n50.60452 w117.43890 5 miles southeast on 31
it took the pano pic at about n50.62678 w117.39378 :)

think that is the "foggy days" area....... How was that area? Good size? We go about 20+/-kms south to morning glory..... Good size area, with lots of steep and deep.

Dragon mod

Reaction score
Me and my buddies are heading to revy on thurs and have never rode in trout lake but always talk about it. We are thinking this would be a good trip to explore it a little bit since climbing is pretty much not an option. Is there any trail maps or anything to help us out where we should go? Is there trails or just take off from the parking lot and follow tracks? Would appreciate some input. Which area is the better to go to and how far out of revy, how to get there from revy Thanks

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think that is the "foggy days" area....... How was that area? Good size? We go about 20+/-kms south to morning glory..... Good size area, with lots of steep and deep.

Pretty small area actually. Everything seemed to drop off in every direction we tried, but still good enough for a days riding. If we go back we will try going a little further south. We just on a day trip from Revy so we had to make sure we made the last fairy back.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh it is not that small, you just did not jump down in the right spot to find all of it. :d

Top Bottom