Tricking out your trailer

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool thanks for the info.

Hey Johni_T i havent had time to do mine yet. But i just was lookin at furnaces and they can be found cheap on ebay for sure. Im also thinking about maybe lookin local for my cabinets. I might still order them out of the states but not sure. I am going to spray my floor my self as i can get all of the box liner material cheaper.(wont be as thick, but i might do 2 or 3 coats) I would pay some one to spray it, but 3k is alot. i can get all of the stuff and do it for under 1k.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To do a intrinsically safe heater, like an RV style. It will cost you somewhere in the range of $1300.00. That is the heater( 35000 btu), hard wall propane supply line ( steel or copper), thermostat, tank, and mounting bracket, and furnace cover plate... oh and wiring. Thats not covering the install cost of someone doing it for you... or Beer if you do it yourself.

I have close to $1000 and I did all the work myself:d Depends on how much you pay for the heater, but it's the little stuff that adds up fast. (hose, wiring, ducting, thermostat, battery, etc.)

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have close to $1000 and I did all the work myself:d Depends on how much you pay for the heater, but it's the little stuff that adds up fast. (hose, wiring, ducting, thermostat, battery, etc.)

Ya i have been lookin at the heaters and new they are about 400-600US and the hard line i get for free along with regulators as i can use SS as i have alot of good scrap and lots of short cut off pieces. I figure it to be about 1000 alos once im done.

noob

Reaction score
flaman in lethbridge alberta has a line of trailer accesories. 403-317-7200 talk to kim. great prices, great service. tell her ryan sent ya. here's some pics of the helmet racks and my setup I recently did. I have prob 500 bucks into the setup. bought heater (atwood 35000 btu) on ebay for 300 bucks, buddy had a propane tank sitting around(you can find them for 100 or so bucks used) did all the work myself. fire the heater up first thing in the morning, and it's like a sauna by the time we get to location to ride. keep it on low for the day and look forward to warm trailer to come back to. no other way to do it.

Attachments

• golfcarttrailerpics 001.jpg
    golfcarttrailerpics 001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 125
  • golfcarttrailerpics 003.jpg
    golfcarttrailerpics 003.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 130
  • golfcarttrailerpics 004.jpg
    golfcarttrailerpics 004.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 127

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flaman in lethbridge alberta has a line of trailer accesories. 403-317-7200 talk to kim. great prices, great service. tell her ryan sent ya. here's some pics of the helmet racks and my setup I recently did. I have prob 500 bucks into the setup. bought heater (atwood 35000 btu) on ebay for 300 bucks, buddy had a propane tank sitting around(you can find them for 100 or so bucks used) did all the work myself. fire the heater up first thing in the morning, and it's like a sauna by the time we get to location to ride. keep it on low for the day and look forward to warm trailer to come back to. no other way to do it.
Nice boot and glove drier setup.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So how much do you have into your trailer with those cabinets and such. Looks really nice. Also whats with the 2" PVC pipe going to the front. Can figure that one out.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noob, if you use the drying racks, do you have enough surface vent area so you don't overheat the furnace. If I remember right, it should have 36 sq in of open vent for a 32-35k heater. I added some extra vents that I can open or close depending on the drying requirements.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Ya they are not insulated right now but i have the insulation at home, just need to install. I dont thinkit will warp to bad. Im also spraying box liner in mine 2' up the wall. and im also going with puck board so it should not screw the walls up.
I used puckboard in mine and it definately warps, but usually comes back to shape. The plastic is more sensitive to temperature change than the trailer for sure. If I was doing it again, which I probably will, I would use the same white sheeting that is on the outside of my trailer. It is a 36 ft Featherlite Gooseneck. I did Line -X the floor and 18 inches up the wall, and still looks new after 2 seasons. I have a 40,000 BTU atwood run by 3 tractor batterys and I steal the propane tanks from my RV for the winter. I used 4 inch aluminum irrigation pipe for ducting.

noob

Reaction score
Noob, if you use the drying racks, do you have enough surface vent area so you don't overheat the furnace. If I remember right, it should have 36 sq in of open vent for a 32-35k heater. I added some extra vents that I can open or close depending on the drying requirements.

the venting under the drying racks has many many holes in them to realease heat. I've got 2 of the 4" t's that fully release heat as well. they are basically what heats the trailer up as well. trailer is fully heated within 5 minutes with this setup.

So how much do you have into your trailer with those cabinets and such. Looks really nice. Also whats with the 2" PVC pipe going to the front. Can figure that one out.

I paid 14000 for the trailer fully loaded up like this(except it had a suburban heater in before) so I've added the atwood heater and a few more racks. the 2" pvc that is going to the back of the trailer has quite a few holes drilled in it as well. if you notice the coat racks are sitting right above this section. I've got to figure out a better hanger setup, but this will dry the coats and gear out in no time as well.

noob

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with the white board that comes factory on the inside walls warping. Ask the guys I go with, I go over board when using the heat. I hate being cold.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Canadian tire the other day and found some nice shelves in there.(metal Mastercraft with stainless face can hold 90kg for 149)(also black and decker has some for 75 there) I think i might go that route but im still gonna order some from that pit posse place as i like the work bench thing they have and i also like the oil jug holders they have.

waistdeep

Reaction score
Here is some pictures of what I just finished:)

Attachments

• trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 123
  • trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 119
  • trailer4.jpg
    trailer4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 117
  • trailer5.jpg
    trailer5.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 116

waistdeep

Reaction score
I have a 35000 btu furnance, invertor/convertor, tunes with iPod, boot/glove dryers as well as moduline cabinets. Works great:)

Attachments

• trailer8.jpg
    trailer8.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 109
  • trailer7.jpg
    trailer7.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 113
  • trailer6.jpg
    trailer6.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 110
  • trailer5.jpg
    trailer5.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 110

treewell

Reaction score
A cold shoulder from your wife.... 4 pack of red bull..... and it is done.

Attachments

• IMGP0365.jpg
    IMGP0365.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMGP0364.jpg
    IMGP0364.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMGP0362.jpg
    IMGP0362.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMGP0361.jpg
    IMGP0361.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 116

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is some pictures of what I just finished:)

Trailer looks great, just a suggestion. I seen a guy with the same light set up he pulled his sled in, popped off his sled and put his helmet right into the floresent tubes. After doing the hot glass down his back dance we put covers on soon after. Just my 2cents

prowlerk

Reaction score
Here's what I just completed in my trailer. Hopefully the attatchments worked.

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg