Tricking out your trailer

The Snowman

Reaction score
I want to add a few accessories to my enclosed trailer i.e. hangers, cupboards, tool boxes.

where is a good place to by from in alberta or online for any matter?

also I would like to see some pics of some of your tricked out trailer for ideas, saw a few trailers last year on the hill that you could practically live in, (which is great cause if I buy all this that is exactly where the wife is going to move me into:rant:)

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered cabinets from a company in the states, florida actually. Pit Posse has all kinds of trailer cabinetry and accesories. Received my order 7 days after ordering them. They are well built and cheaper than buying them here, and thats including tax, exchange and brokerage fee's. One cabinet I wanted was 72" long...$673.00 here, got it for $259.00 down there. They have a website www.pitposse.com also known as pit supply. I support shopping locally......... but there was to big of a differance to go local. JMO.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allendale in red deer make custom alum cabinets but they are pricey and take forever. you can try don laing trailer sales i know their parts dept sell all that stuff and fairle decent price 403 783 8411

The Snowman

Reaction score
What is the name of the shop on the very east end of calgary that does trailer modifications? I have been there before but can't think of the name of it.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much was ur shipping from these guys., that havs some nice stuff but im thinkin shipping would kill me as its big and ackward package.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much was ur shipping from these guys., that havs some nice stuff but im thinkin shipping would kill me as its big and ackward package.

Shipping was $304.00, Tax and brokerage included. Four large boxes. They ship with the brown guys (UPS). Was 7 days from the time I ordered.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Check out the photo gallery. rknight111. His trailer has some good ideas into it.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen them before. The down side to these is they are a radiant heater. They heat well but the ends of the trailer is cold. They also have a flame that is exposed..... I would not want to have flammables on board, and definitely no refuelling in the trailer...JMO......

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen them before. The down side to these is they are a radiant heater. They heat well but the ends of the trailer is cold. They also have a flame that is exposed..... I would not want to have flammables on board, and definitely no refuelling in the trailer...JMO......

ya true. Im just throwin out ideas

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To do a intrinsically safe heater, like an RV style. It will cost you somewhere in the range of $1300.00. That is the heater( 35000 btu), hard wall propane supply line ( steel or copper), thermostat, tank, and mounting bracket, and furnace cover plate... oh and wiring. Thats not covering the install cost of someone doing it for you... or Beer if you do it yourself.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To do a intrinsically safe heater, like an RV style. It will cost you somewhere in the range of $1300.00. That is the heater( 35000 btu), hard wall propane supply line ( steel or copper), thermostat, tank, and mounting bracket, and furnace cover plate... oh and wiring. Thats not covering the install cost of someone doing it for you... or Beer if you do it yourself.

Ouch. thats alot. I didnt think those heaters were that much. Im almost thinkin about getting a catacdyn heter and putting it in there they seem to heat well and last a long time if properly maintained. But yet again its a radiant heater but no open flame.and no venting to run and they can be hung on the wall and dont use much propane or nat gas and they are 115v or 12 v boost style.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure that your tailer is insulated otherwise you will have your walls warping on you with all the moisture from the sleds..etc. I was looking for a heater and the boys at Grassland trailers said that it really isn't worth it, $3000 for a forced air propane heater, once you screw your walls up you will be spending Big dollars to fix or replace your trailer.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they are not insulated right now but i have the insulation at home, just need to install. I dont thinkit will warp to bad. Im also spraying box liner in mine 2' up the wall. and im also going with puck board so it should not screw the walls up.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little advice as to heating your trailers. make sure you OPEN YOUR VENTS. When you bring in all that moisture on your sleds, it has no place to go, soon as it gets warm in there the humidity is high and it forms condensation on everything, esspecially what is touching the exterior lining of the trailer. So things like screw heads, cabinets, lights...etc. Opening your vents lets out the moisture thus less condensation in the trailer....... If you can see the moisture on the interior walls... there is a lot more on the backside of the wall panelling, and it doesn't matter what material is on the walls... there is still lots of moisture there. just a little 411 i have found out having a heated enclosed trailer......

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thanks for the heads up.I can see the unmidity thing for sure. i was thinking about putting a couple small roff vent whirly birds in there(like 6" ones). just a thought

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thanks for the heads up.I can see the unmidity thing for sure. i was thinking about putting a couple small roff vent whirly birds in there(like 6" ones). just a thought

any pics yet catzuki, or still a work in progress, I have to add some goodies to mine this weekend

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roof vents are must, I prefer the RV style with the crank. Very simple and cheap, also very common/ availability. I would recommend looking at the "Salem" vents also. They open both directions (forwards and backwards) I have them on my trailer. They are mounted at the back, and when traveling I open one forward and the other on the opposite side of the trailer backwards. This way I have air flow through the trailer when in-tow, kind of like ram air. If its crappy weather I still open them , but facing backwards. You will also see these style of vents on tractor trailer units on the sleeper berths.

Top Bottom