Tri County Toy Ride trails ruined by quads

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very well put Mudboy, I ride sleds and quads and I have the same respect for other peoples property or goverment land where I'm on my sled or quad.It just seems everyone is looking for SOMEONE to blame(as a group) rather than realizing its a small group that it wouldn't matter what they rode,they have NO respect for anything.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just like DzL & Mudboy I as well have family who's lives were turned upside down by the fires in Bruderhiem. I found myself torn on the subject because as much as I love to ride I also can not deny thier concerns are real.....
Unfortunately no one knows what can solve the issue.
I think in ministik if the trails are maintained by an ASA club then they should have the authority to dictate it's use. bruderhiem is an even worse scenario because it is not maintained by anyone.... the Inlaws BIGGEST complaint about ATV's is not the use of the area, it's the fact that they tear up and down the road at 120km/hr and leave all their chit behind when they leave. if the speed limit for a car/truck is 60, why should a quad be able to do 120???? I hate to admit but I agree with them, we go out to the ranch on a saturday afternoon and all you hear all day is ATV's ripping by way too fast, makes it dangerous to pull out of the driveway (they are right at the entrance to the area by the boyscout camp). Len used to ride the horses back there but now trailers them to other locations, I'm sure I met him prior to being related too him as we used to see people on horseback back there we'd pull over take a break and let them pass, but others wouldn't and he's no longer willing to take the risk.

I'll stop now it's all been said before and no one knows what to do, there is no quick and easy solution, education and accountability is key.....some people need to be made examples of publicly and held accountable.

gomez1234

Reaction score
Since when do the snowmobiles own the Ministik trail sytem?, all the signs posted say off highway vehicles allowed, I have talked to the the Govt dept and they have stated that Quads and snowmobiles all have to follow the same rules. There is no signs stating NO Quads allowed or Snowmobiles only !I was there on Sat with a Quad, there was no signs posted about the trails being freshly goomed, The main trails on the north half of the trail system were full of moguls and rough as hell, Quads did not do that. I am sure 17 quads as somebody stated did not wreck 100 km of trail system. I was ready to donate to the Tri County groomer and pay my fair share, but why now? , no matter what we do , we will get blamed for the bad trails. Our group respects the trails.

There is always going to be people that ride Quads and yes snowmobiles that do not respect the trails. If we do not get along then neither of us will get to enjoy it.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets not pick sides with whos doing what around Ministik. when camp fires left burning are a concern, the horse riders have done it as well. everyones to fault for not attending fires.

the last time i was out to do trail cleanup i know full well a group of horse riders left a fire burning as we were only moments behind them on the same trail the trail crew had to gather a bit of snow and put it out. chaseing them down to mention the fire was not put out would have spooked the horses probably and caused a bigger concern for the individual rider .machines are not the only ones who are careless

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since when do the snowmobiles own the Ministik trail sytem?, all the signs posted say off highway vehicles allowed, I have talked to the the Govt dept and they have stated that Quads and snowmobiles all have to follow the same rules. There is no signs stating NO Quads allowed or Snowmobiles only !I was there on Sat with a Quad, there was no signs posted about the trails being freshly goomed, The main trails on the north half of the trail system were full of moguls and rough as hell, Quads did not do that. I am sure 17 quads as somebody stated did not wreck 100 km of trail system. I was ready to donate to the Tri County groomer and pay my fair share, but why now? , no matter what we do , we will get blamed for the bad trails. Our group respects the trails.

There is always going to be people that ride Quads and yes snowmobiles that do not respect the trails. If we do not get along then neither of us will get to enjoy it.

Seems to be the snowmobilers that put the time and effort and money into maintaining the system.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow,

I guess the point eventually gets lost on people.

If I was riding a quad (or a sled) in a OHV area and I saw a freshly groomed trail, smooth as glass, no tracks, I might for a moment consider my fellow eiders and keep my straightline ruts to a an inch or two deep and certainly would not burn donuts on said trail. That way my FELLOW OHV RIDERS MIGHT ENJOY THEIR EXPERIENCE AS WELL.

Me pay club fees.
Me pay ASA trail pass fees.
Me like fellow OHV users.
Me keep trail nice for everyone.
Me have happy life.

crushd

Reaction score
I wonder how many sledders on this site ride through fields without getting permission or cut fences or litter. The point is alot of people are disrespectful when they throw their leg over their machine, not just quadders.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride both and theres people in every sport that are disrespectfull but the fact is MOST people relize that they didnt groom the trail for quads and if they did why arnt these riders payin trail fees for it,if atvs wanna ride on it they should have a high trail fee to pay for the extra grooming required,all user should pay and those that rut it up pay more to keep it well groomed.Why is it some people just figure there intitled to ride a trail that someone pay to up keep for free?Its self centerd and disrepectfull.JMO.

Top Bottom