Trestle near Cold Lake on fire

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the area but is that part of the trail system or still used by the trains?I've heard good things about the trail system there for riding!

Ur not even supposed to drive vehicles on the iron horse its like a 250-500$ fine???

Ya BF it's part of the Iron Horse Trail and been an attraction for many riders.

Not to nit pic CR but I believe the fine is $1000.00 I can't recall but I think I remember the signs stating that it is a $1000.00 fine but I don't recall seeing the signs the last time I was on the IHT.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That dose suck, hope they find the people who did that! But you have to agree it was a cool looking fire!

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya BF it's part of the Iron Horse Trail and been an attraction for many riders.

Not to nit pic CR but I believe the fine is $1000.00 I can't recall but I think I remember the signs stating that it is a $1000.00 fine but I don't recall seeing the signs the last time I was on the IHT.

Ya your right it is 1000$ It was something retarded like tht!!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to find an old oak tree. and some 1" rope.!!! Hey Pa...... there's a hangin in town, can we go see???

I don't know if it's the whole 2012 thing that has ppl going more stoopid than ever, or if it's all the steriods and phermones that we inject into our food, before we kill and eat it???????

But.......................

GROW TF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's nice to know where my future is held with all the random acts of kindess like these. But I can say........ to those ppl like this, your going to be more phucked than us. Cause your kids are going to take care of you ;)

Karma............... gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer: :D

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340511833854.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340511833854.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 256

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the area but is that part of the trail system or still used by the trains?I've heard good things about the trail system there for riding!

No all the rails are gone and it is all a snowmobile /atv trail. I believe the snowmobile club maintains it.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love those trestles. They are a unique sight on the landscape. It is sad. Hope they can save it. I like the one near Mayerthorpe too.
x2. they are pretty unique and allways cool to see. thats too bad, here's hopin they fix it. sadly even if they are caught what is the "justice system" gonna do to them? probation? little fuggers

UMACHME

Reaction score
Who ever set the fire should be strung up over the bridge!!!!!!!!!! What a way to ruin that trial...

Peterbiltwife202

Reaction score
Lived on a farm beside there. Used to climb that trestle lots as a kid, back when trains still went across it. Walked across it a couple of years ago when I was back in Cold Lake for a reunion.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure hope they rebuild it. Looks dooable just the first section burnt. Thanks for the first responders for getting it put out before we lost it all. Maybe Snow and Mudders should buy a few feet of trail to rebuild the trestle. It is also the Trans Cananadian Snowmobile Trail link to Saskatchewan. Rode it a few times always cool riding that high up.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried starting a thread on the IronHorse.ca forum to see what the plans were and to get people talking about ways we can contribute. ...but they haven't accepted my post. I'm not sure if everything is filtered out because of my new memebr status or if this forum is completely dead an unmaintained.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I tried starting a thread on the IronHorse.ca forum to see what the plans were and to get people talking about ways we can contribute. ...but they haven't accepted my post. I'm not sure if everything is filtered out because of my new memebr status or if this forum is completely dead an unmaintained.

I'd be interested to find out if you do get a response.... I wonder if maybe a person could call the clubs most affected by this? Cold Lake & Bonnyville?

I'll make some calls today, see if I can find anything out.

w3schultz

Reaction score
That really is too bad!!!. I am planning on doing the Iron Horse Trail on July 9th for a couple days and it would have been great to ride across the trestle. Still looking forward to the rest of the ride. Heard lots of great spots are just off the trail. Also doing it for all the geocaches ( now over 1000!!)

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to find out if you do get a response.... I wonder if maybe a person could call the clubs most affected by this? Cold Lake & Bonnyville?

I'll make some calls today, see if I can find anything out.

I haven't heard anything more on the incident or the plans for the future

Top Bottom