Trenching Power at Lake Lot

Crash

Reaction score
What is the best way to trench power into my lakelot? I have to run about 175'. It will be mostly down the side of where I got the driveway cut in with a cat. I've heard it isn't worth the time trying to use a skidsteer with the trenching attachment? Also, does anyone know what gauge wire would be recommended? I only need to run power for the 5th wheel etc right now, but only want to install the wiring once, and not have to replace it when I build something. I want to run the wiring and get a permit and electrician to do the final tie ins. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the soil like? If it isn't rocky, i'd use a ditch witch and or skid steer with the ditching attachment. If it's rocky, i'd get a hoe in bury 2/0 USEB, cover in sand before backfilling. Assuming a 100Amp service.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to trench power into my lakelot? I have to run about 175'. It will be mostly down the side of where I got the driveway cut in with a cat. I've heard it isn't worth the time trying to use a skidsteer with the trenching attachment? Also, does anyone know what gauge wire would be recommended? I only need to run power for the 5th wheel etc right now, but only want to install the wiring once, and not have to replace it when I build something. I want to run the wiring and get a permit and electrician to do the final tie ins. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Find a pal with a Ski doo. They trench real nice!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i would consult your electrician before you start, theres alot of things missing in the above posts.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
A square spade and a couple real ambitious kids. Them little track hoes made by bobcat work real good. 2/0 cable should be sufficient at that distance for 100 amp. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343181451.374623.jpg

Top Bottom