Trans Mountain Pipeline(TMX) #1 reason for failure.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the protests but no indigenous band is being greedy. They just want proper studies and emergency plans in place. Their concerns are not being dealt with. It’s just Tmx holding up their own pipeline again. ://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/trans-mountain-approval-frustrating-says-b-c-chief-with-unresolved-concerns-about-pipeline-project-1.5180271

TMX has other pipelines - of coarse they have spill procedures - somebody just wants new unattainable standards that's all.
Lots of studies for this pipeline - just more new non-attainable standards have been thrown in.
Aboriginals are in it for the handouts - they wan to be pipeline owners - LMFAO.
They will look after it like their front lawns.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
TMX has other pipelines - of coarse they have spill procedures - somebody just wants new unattainable standards that's all.
Lots of studies for this pipeline - just more new non-attainable standards have been thrown in.
Aboriginals are in it for the handouts - they wan to be pipeline owners - LMFAO.
They will look after it like their front lawns.
Tmx does not have proper, working spill response plans as required by the Canadian Energy Regulator(CER). This is one of many reasons the project is being held up. For example, my red coded stream is 300 ft above the mighty Fraser River and 3km away. A 1km portion of a 200’ wide x 100’ deep ravine is not accessible to stop a spill. It is unlikely Tmx can mobilize men and equipment in 15 minutes, and somehow stops the fast flowing stream transporting the petroleum product into the river. Once the product is in the Fraser headed out the ocean, it can’t be contained. All kinds of fish, including the low numbers of Salmon are in the river. The standards, both new and old, were put in place by the CER/NEB. You know, the government itself. It’s up Tmx to follow them.
Tmx response-“We have spill response plans.”
CER-“Show us. ”
Tmx response- crickets
This is an example of how things have been going for 6 years. These guys can’t organize a two person paper route. It’s that bad. I’ve been experiencing this since the start.
When it comes through, I’ll be sure to post a pic of me and my new Tmx pipeline friends. Just keep in mind, at this point, any hold up is 100% Tmx’s doing. The pipeline is approved. There are no further objections or court cases allowed. All they have to do is show proof how they are following rules required by the CER. It’s really not that hard. Put pressure on Tmx, not protestors, indigenous or B.C. residents.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isnt TMX owned by the Canada development investment corporation (it is a crown corporation)

So the government cant even follow their own rules to get something done?

Sounds about right....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We paid for it, but the Queen of England owns it. Thats an awesome deal, if ur the Queen.

Cs6G2vqVIAc0gxM.jpg

2Q==
9k=

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should all be getting checks coming in every month FFS. But that won't happen though.

(I was going to say once its paid for, but guess what we already paid for the ****ing thing!)

Lizard queen will be living large ...lol Maybe she can get some more real gold with the cash from all our black gold?

bmUvtEc.jpg

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, Lower Mainland. They need 1.5 acres. An additional 1.5acres for increased “safety zone.” The unusable and inaccessible land, stale land, because of the pipeline is about 4 acres. So in total, seven acres.
Instead of paying for the loss of land and being fair, they are threatening the 1952 agreement to build the pipeline on the existing right of way and paying only for workspace.
My message is the Tmx is not “fair and equitable” like what is advertised in the media. My issue is not as important as how the other 3,000 landowners and the public land is being treated. I am not opposed to the pipeline.

You own more than 7 acres in Surrey? Good for you

I see both sides of it but I’d be pissed too if my extremely valuable property was devalued and a portion rendered unusable by something that does not benefit me at all

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind. That price per barrel is now. Maybe it stays like that for now or even a couple years. Or even a contract. But it will not stay that price. Also, there is not one person that would let someone dig up there property for free, so cut that bull**** out. I’m not talking about aboriginal rights. I’m talking about a energy rep knocking on your door and asking to run a pipeline across your property. I don’t care if you work in the patch or not. You are not letting them do it for free. You gotta pay to play.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind. That price per barrel is now. Maybe it stays like that for now or even a couple years. Or even a contract. But it will not stay that price. Also, there is not one person that would let someone dig up there property for free, so cut that bull**** out. I’m not talking about aboriginal rights. I’m talking about a energy rep knocking on your door and asking to run a pipeline across your property. I don’t care if you work in the patch or not. You are not letting them do it for free. You gotta pay to play.

I guess it depends on how it would affect me. I would let them run through my property for free as long as the land was usable afterwards. Why can a municipality dig up our lawns and sidewalks to upgrade a neighborhood to fiber without compensating us but the feds can't run a pipeline through?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how it would affect me. I would let them run through my property for free as long as the land was usable afterwards. Why can a municipality dig up our lawns and sidewalks to upgrade a neighborhood to fiber without compensating us but the feds can't run a pipeline through?

Poor business Whodeanie. You pay taxes on that property. You maintain it. You may even live on it and draw a profit from it. Such as a farmer. Your ok with someone else doing that to you? I’m not talking about .3 acres downtown. I’m talking about property. Also, in your lot that he or she bought in a city or subdivision you actually signed a piece of paper stating that the city or town will have access for utility purposes. Unfortunately, let’s say, if the water from the city, that’s supplying your house breaks or cracks, on your property, it’s your responsibility. Cost, repair, reclamation. That’s on you. Even tho it’s supplied from the city or town. TMX will go thru. But many Kanedogs will get paid. Actually, many kanedogs that are against oil and gas will get paid. And they will love it and be hypocrites. Wealthy hypocrites. And that whodeanie is just business.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You actually do not have the right to land 6” below the surface. The compensation the pipeline company is offering is a courtesy.

Would atco gas compensate for running a new gas line in an area???

Would I be compensated for the town running a new water main thats on my property like a oil company would????

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tmx already has an agreement to access there pipeline ROW, there was likely never any stipulation for how many pipes are in the ROW. so they do not have to compensate the land owner for further pipelines. they also may have a stipulation of no construction within 100 m of the pipeline if it is federal regulated.

some people may get PO'd, will see.

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will take about 6 months after the valve is open to pay for the line then we should get money because our tax dollars payed for it

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least it will be in the ground my friends dad built the first one never a problem keep off tracks pit it in the ground and no strikes in the ground like cn/cp

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While be been waiting for tmx Russia has built a line for China they are big players now days they have a rig in the Artic just at idle 200000 barrels a day

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tmx already has an agreement to access there pipeline ROW, there was likely never any stipulation for how many pipes are in the ROW. so they do not have to compensate the land owner for further pipelines. they also may have a stipulation of no construction within 100 m of the pipeline if it is federal regulated.

some people may get PO'd, will see.
How do you figure this if row is only wide enough for 1 pipeline how are they fitting another line thru without encroaching on more property.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you figure this if row is only wide enough for 1 pipeline how are they fitting another line thru without encroaching on more property.

Its not so much a enough room for a pipeline as a enough room to construct a pipeline. They had enough to put the first one in, they have enough to put one beside it.

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of room a lot of that pipeline has been in the ground for 10 years already jasper has it in already

Top Bottom