Trans Canadian Snowmobile Trail

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Next work day is Friday the 25th. If you want to help we would appreciate it. Post here PDQ will give you info.

Will be working since it is a Friday.... Only Saturdays & Sundays available to help, sorry.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Works for me. We are in Blue River right now coming home Thursday ready for Friday. Gonna install the decking and have it ready to ride. Will post Thursday night

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heading up Sat AM. need Friday to get stuff gathered up for Sat. PM me if you can help on Saturday. Think they got some snow may be tricky getting stuff down to river. HELP???

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, where is help needed and time meet where .........Trying to see if I can make it work.....thx

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned for time and place to meet on Sat morning...Once we have things in place to go up to Flatbush will post here...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Stay tuned for time and place to meet on Sat morning...Once we have things in place to go up to Flatbush will post here...

as long as someone provides me with a full face shield if I have to swing that dang pick axe again I'm in for Saturday.

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who said I'm going bwhahahhaha your little trail helper will be there someone needs to keep you boys in line

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, where is help needed and time meet where .........Trying to see if I can make it work.....thx

Meet at the Fawcett Husky truck stop north of Westlock 50 km between 9-9:30 Saturday morning. Bring your sled we have a couple of hours work then go for a ride.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had a good day today. We got project done on time and budget. Will post more info and pics soon.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a pic of our finished project. Alot steeper than it looks and higher. Thanks for the Gator guides A.B.plastics. The guides work great very flexible and tough and not as slippery as some think.

Attachments

• River Ramp 4.jpg
    River Ramp 4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 178
  • TCST-River-Ramp-2.jpg
    TCST-River-Ramp-2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by a moderator:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Pickaxe? WTF you doing with a pickaxe? Mining? Or is Glenn trying to get back at you for dating his daughter?:)

well Mitch.... you could call it mining..... but now you can see the photo's of the completed project...... The top board had to be chipped into a VERY frozen bank.... Every hit of the pick axe sent about a hundred frozen sand projectiles every which way. With all the help we had on the 2 trips up there it really made short work out of what could have been a really long project. Very functional ramp, and a VERY safe way to get up off of the river when heading East on the TCST from Swan Hills to Athabasca!

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics look great:thumbsup2: and a BIG THANK YOU to all for the help,this will make for a much safer access to this part of the river bank...Now we can go up there and enjoy the trail...:rolleyes:

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job boys and girls!! Looks great Sledderglen. Just curious, are you gonna skid it up into the trees before high water in the spring and chain it to a tree or something?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good job boys and girls!! Looks great Sledderglen. Just curious, are you gonna skid it up into the trees before high water in the spring and chain it to a tree or something?

Yes. Take the deck off and skid it to the trees and hope it doesn`t get taken by high water. Chain,rope,duct tape,string,bubble gum,gorrilla glue whatever will make it stay there till next winter.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok today we went to update some signage on the trail and to check out the ramp. Frigging unreal snow was great. Rerouted some trail and did the signs. The ramp looks good still. Had about 9" of fresh on a 2ft previous snow level. Did the whole route from Flatbush to Coutts River. Now Swan Hills hopefully has their section opened.

Thanks for the help Don. Was on of the best rides yet. Only 2.0 hrs from home

Attachments

• Glen and Don adventure #2 Flatbush 002  deep snow 2.jpg
    Glen and Don adventure #2 Flatbush 002 deep snow 2.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Glen and Don adventure #2 Flatbush 004.jpg
    Glen and Don adventure #2 Flatbush 004.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 141
  • Glen and Don adventure #2 Flatbush 009 glen.jpg
    Glen and Don adventure #2 Flatbush 009 glen.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Glen and Don adventure #2 Flatbush 010.jpg