Trails around Red Deer??????

fatseabass

Reaction score
I just got my first ATV. It's a used Polaris 700 Sportsman. I am looking for local trails to ride in Red Deer. I've seen people riding by the RR Tracks between Red Deer and Blackfalds. I wondering where you unload to enter these trails and if there are any other trails around town. Thank you for any suggestions.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not many places left to ride close to red deer, you can ask around at one of the bike shops for some info. you will have to drivesome for places out west but i fear they will be closing with all the damage being done out there.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
I've seen people riding by the RR Tracks between Red Deer and Blackfalds..

During the winter (Dec 1 to Apr 30) it's legal to drive quads/sleds on the city streets in Sylvan lake. Lots of people come to Sylvan and stage right off lake shore drive by the ice rink.
There is a winter ride that I like and that's riding the blindman river to Bentley for a beer and back again. You can ride the Blindman from Blackfalds but I hear the RCMP are pretty sticky about where you can stage there.

As for summer riding. Anywhere out west. Within one hour of Red Deer you can be on some amazing trails. One trip that is a must do is the old rail line from Rocky to Nordegg.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
If you have not driven a quad before it would be a good idea to try somewhere easy, and go with someone that has expierence and knows how well you can/can't ride. Then they may be able to help you out in the dangerous spots,,,,,,,, if you have no one to go with, then post that and someone will help out.
Let's Get Dirty,,,,, In the Mud!!!

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys will have to let me know when you are riding the river . I spend lots of time on the Blindman.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
You guys will have to let me know when you are riding the river . I spend lots of time on the Blindman.

Tried to ride with you at the camp out this summer but it didn't work out. (camped accross from you..)

You guys might not like riding with us slower 4x4's but the snow will slow down any atv.

Next trip I will post on here.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to ride with you at the camp out this summer but it didn't work out. (camped accross from you..)

You guys might not like riding with us slower 4x4's but the snow will slow down any atv.

Next trip I will post on here.

Chad , i would love to do the blindman river ride as well, after freeze up let me know when you guys are doing this.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
river running on the blindman can be a little dangerous as there are a lot of young riders on quads and sleds who have no idea how to drive. have come around a few corners with some mario andretti cutting the inside corner and going as fast as he can go. if they stayed to their right everything would be fine. the red deer river is a lot wider and you can almost get to innisfail as long as the river is frozen.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too ride the Blindman, lots of miles of river to run , it can be alot of fun !!! I also run the Battle River that runs thru Ponoka. Lots of river to drive on and a few trails too.You have to be careful on the Battle as there a few open spots from beaver dams and there are a few springs that flood the river too, but still lots of good ridin !!
:nono: Just have to use your brain when it comes to drive on land by the river. Some of the farmers are getting a little upset with guys leaving bottles, litter, etc. all over and some guys even cut fences or leave gates open so cattle or horses get out. Theres one spot where alot of people hang out on the river and the landowner told me guys were hacking down trees for fires and leaving a mess around !!:nono: Thats what ruins it for everyone !! I hope things are ok this winter. Normally I don't get on the river (any) before the end of December.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im new to the Red Deer area, I wouldnt mind waiting for some 4x4's to make there way through if they dont mind showing me the way up blindman. Always open for a ride with other snowandmudders.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too ride the Blindman, lots of miles of river to run , it can be alot of fun !!! I also run the Battle River that runs thru Ponoka. Lots of river to drive on and a few trails too.You have to be careful on the Battle as there a few open spots from beaver dams and there are a few springs that flood the river too, but still lots of good ridin !!
:nono: Just have to use your brain when it comes to drive on land by the river. Some of the farmers are getting a little upset with guys leaving bottles, litter, etc. all over and some guys even cut fences or leave gates open so cattle or horses get out. Theres one spot where alot of people hang out on the river and the landowner told me guys were hacking down trees for fires and leaving a mess around !!:nono: Thats what ruins it for everyone !! I hope things are ok this winter. Normally I don't get on the river (any) before the end of December.

Re-opening a old thread !!!!
Went for a ride yesterday, good ride !! NO ONE ELSE ridin ??? Went for a rip on the "Battle". Ice pretty good except behind the Stampede grounds where lots of water is flooding the ice. Just went by the bank and everything was good !!! Hope to ride more this month and not work as much !!! ( Yeah right !!!) LOL

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you are going for a river day ride, i'd love to join you in your area, i've never riden to river yet, and want to be with someone that knows the dangerous spots.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure, Hadster !! I don't know when I will be able to go again though !! Will try to give you heads up as to when I'am goin !!

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Kokanee a buddy and I were thinking of riding on Sunday, the Caroline rally or something else. It dosn't matter to us.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Kokanee a buddy and I were thinking of riding on Sunday, the Caroline rally or something else. It dosn't matter to us.

I have to work tomorrow, or i would probably go. Also if the brute will start supposed to be -24 with the wind.

Hope Caroline got the snow everyone else got, but it's just blowing everything around here maybe got 1" since last night.
Let me know how the ride was. Will hook up with you on the next run somewhere:beer: Maybe do the river thing?

Later,

Top Bottom