TrailReady VS Road Armour Bumpers

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
I am looking into buying a Road Armour bumper for my 08 silverado, just wondering if anyone has it and what they think if they have the trailready one?

aaron_m

Reaction score
I am looking into buying a Road Armour bumper for my 08 silverado, just wondering if anyone has it and what they think if they have the trailready one?

good question. I am looking at buying a new front and rear for my 2011 dodge 3500. Fab fours, throttle down customs, road armour and trail ready are all high on my list. But damnnit they aren't cheap.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buck stop

Attachments

• DSC00459.jpg
    DSC00459.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey sweld... nice bumper i have one on my 2009 sub... i hit a moose while going well over 120... bumper saved my life... best part was they removed it from the frame straigtened the framed put the bumper back on and didn't even have to fix it! Buck stop has my vote!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a road armour on my old truck. First one fit SO bad, nothing lined up and looked like crap. But on their dime, they shipped me a brand new one, which was decent. IIRC it was like 40% off retail price, I think in the end the bumper only costed like $1700 which isn't bad, shipping is like $300 alone. However the quality, is nothing spectacular. Here's some pics, and how bad the first one lined up, it actually broke part of the headlight from hitting it, and took some paint off the grill. But I got to keep the first one, not sure if they just forgot or it wasn't worth paying to ship back which got me a bit of coin in selling it.

Overall, I would build one myself before i'd pay that much again. I though they were much better built then they are. The bumper maybe weighted 140lbs my guess is, and I think in any decent impact it would of folded up like a tin can. For sure hold up 100x better then stock, but nothing like you'd expect from looking at them.

But as far as looks, on dodges anyway, I think they have everyone else beat by a mile.

Also, unless road armour has changed coatings expect to get it redone in less then a year, or it will look like crap with rust spots. Mine was starting to have rust spots in the frigging summer.

Man I miss that truck though :( Thanks for making me look at the pics again :nono:
IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bullet proof bumpers there made in red deer. Prices are a little better then the brand name ones Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard
I looked at them, wanted a lot more then road armour for a knockoff. For their full grill guard was like $2500 I think.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a bullet proof on my 08 dodge has been great got it armathaned and it was way cheaper than a road armor

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a bullet proof on my 08 dodge has been great got it armathaned and it was way cheaper than a road armor

Ya likely with road armours regular prices, but they do regular 40% off sales.

I can't recall exactly but I am positive they are over $2000 for the full grill guard?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a new dealer out of pincher creek called castle custom trucks! I'm in the process of just getting my store open looking to be officially open on feb 1 2012 and wanted to let you know of the bumpers called fusion! Fusion builds many styles of custom bumpers and incorporate either kc,lightforce,or rigid industries lights into there bumpers. here is a few pics of there styles. contact jared at 1-403-627-2048 for more info.

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
I went with an Iron Cross Front bumper, from Lacustoms, guys hooked me up good, and it fit pretty good with some minor grinding in order for it to fit nice flush and tight, How i like it. I will update come pics once i get them. I am very glad i went this route rather then putting it back to stock.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
nice pictures
Hey guys I'm a new dealer out of pincher creek called castle custom trucks! I'm in the process of just getting my store open looking to be officially open on feb 1 2012 and wanted to let you know of the bumpers called fusion! Fusion builds many styles of custom bumpers and incorporate either kc,lightforce,or rigid industries lights into there bumpers. here is a few pics of there styles. contact jared at 1-403-627-2048 for more info.

Last edited:

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if anyone is lookin for some SOLID bumpers my buddy fabs em up custom in his garage exactly to your specs, he's done over a dozen of em now for our little 4x4 posse and they are HEAVY DUTY SOLID STEEL, no junk or light duty here. every ones been well under a grand and incoperate anything you want, offroad lights, fog lights and obviously winches. nothin beats custom made as nobody else will have what you have and cost less than half as much as the cookie cutter bumpers. if anyone's interested pm me for his contact info.
(he is in edmonton)

Last edited:
Top Bottom