Trailers...be careful where you go...

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a short bit of this on the news a night or two a go. Happened fast so I didn't get a good look. Slowed the vid down and WoW....did they make it out of there alive. Truck looks pretty flat at the end.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brutal.....I hope they made it out of that okay, that truck looked like it took a pretty nasty shot from the canopy.

I was right behind a truck pulling a lowbed hauling a skidder AND a feller buncher on one load on the Bald Mountain Tower road south of Grande Prairie, the cutting head of the buncher was on the gooseneck and the skidder behind it when he hit the covered steel bridge with 5.5m clearance. The stick hit the first beam, then went straight up in the air ripping the lift cylinders apart and the stick and cutting head ended up on the cab of the skidder, still attached at the base of the turret. the guy was going fast enough he made it all the way across the bridge, about 25-30 meters, and through the other side. Wish I had the camera that day, there's pictures out there somewhere. a few guys that came along were snapping away.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a father and son in the truck, and the father managed to undo his seatbelt and get to the passanger side as it was coming down.. they both made it out alive.

check the link for more pictures and a brief story.

GRD

Reaction score
There was a father and son in the truck, and the father managed to undo his seatbelt and get to the passanger side as it was coming down.. they both made it out alive.

check the link for more pictures and a brief story.

The cover must not have been put up very well, can't believe the whole thing came down like that!:eek:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
considering his whole unit was nearly brand new, I'm guessing he probably hadn't towed too much before that day...

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the market like this, it's getting harder and harder to get rid of a Dodge.....:d

Top Bottom