Trailer tires?

iceracer

Reaction score
I am about to put new tires on my 5th wheel. I have read tons on the likes and dislikes of many brands. Original equipment was Goodyear Marathon. Can anyone offer some advice as to what is the best tires for a 5th wheel? Where can I buy trailer tires in Calgary (or area)?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2^^^^. I would stick to the Goodyears, it's going to be tough to find any other tire that will out-last them. They are a litle spendier in the short term, but by the time you replace a chinese pos 3 times as often, it more than works out in your favor.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 2 blow outs this summer on new chinese trailers 225 75r15 on the fth wheel ST tires, why can't we use a good LT rated tire on a trailer? My thought is a steering tire just sites there going round, and as long as it was weight rated it should be ok. yes or no
Thanks
Don

van isle

Reaction score
I had 2 blow outs this summer on new chinese trailers 225 75r15 on the fth wheel ST tires, why can't we use a good LT rated tire on a trailer? My thought is a steering tire just sites there going round, and as long as it was weight rated it should be ok. yes or no
Thanks
Don

I had the summer from HE!! because of chinese trailer tires. :rant::rant:
one tire has a slow leak takes about a week to go flat. 3 flat tires and 2 full blow outs.

Next time im going with Maxxis e rated 225 75 15 as they are rated for more weight and only cost 20 more a tire then the same tire in a d ratting. I know there not quad tires but since i have had such good luck with my Zilas i'm going to give them a try.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one tire has a slow leak takes about a week to go flat. 3 flat tires and 2 full blow outs.

Next time im going with Maxxis e rated 225 75 15 as they are rated for more weight and only cost 20 more a tire then the same tire in a d ratting. I know there not quad tires but since i have had such good luck with my Zilas i'm going to give them a try.
I like the good years......seem to be a good fit for our toyhauler.........good load range too depending on what your need is. Cheers!

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run light truck tires with the proper, or higher, load rating on trailers. You can't swap the other way. I gives a ton more choices when it comes to tire selection.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I put those on my 5th wheel last summer, so far so good.....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had no idea Maxxis was building trailer tires. I replaced 2 out of 6 on my toyhauler last year, and had to replace one of the new ones this summer. I was 500km from home, and Goodyears weren't available, just Chinese junk. I will be looking into the Maxxis for spring.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am about to put new tires on my 5th wheel. I have read tons on the likes and dislikes of many brands. Original equipment was Goodyear Marathon. Can anyone offer some advice as to what is the best tires for a 5th wheel? Where can I buy trailer tires in Calgary (or area)?

I took off the chinese junk and put on some Denman Cargo Carriers.It had 205 75 15 on it . i could only get a D rating in that size. So i went up to a 225 75 15 so i could get a E load range. Great tires no problems so far and are wearing realy nice.I got them at Country Tire in the NE.I just told them what i wanted after i did a bunch of research on the rv sites.I just took my tires off and took them there as there parking lot isnt the most trailer friendly.

:beer::beer::beer:

iceracer

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I've done a bunch of research on rv sites etc. and have decided I'll go with Maxxis. They seem to get the best reviews even over the Goodyears. They obviously make a good off road tire. Thanks again.

iceracer

Reaction score
What size and price where they ?
Just called the Kal Tire on Edmonton Trail (Calgary) for a quote. My size is ST225/75R/15 in the Load Range D. They quoted me $601.69 for four tires mounted and balanced tax in which by my research is a pretty good price. He said it was $100.76 per tire then add the $4.00 tire tax and $38.50 per tire for the install/balance not including GST. Oh ya this was for the Maxxis M8008 ST radial.

Kal Tire here I come.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just called the kal tire on edmonton trail (calgary) for a quote. My size is st225/75r/15 in the load range d. They quoted me $601.69 for four tires mounted and balanced tax in which by my research is a pretty good price. He said it was $100.76 per tire then add the $4.00 tire tax and $38.50 per tire for the install/balance not including gst. Oh ya this was for the maxxis m8008 st radial.

Kal tire here i come.

that is a fair price..... We can get similar tires for about the same price..... Load range d, and only 35/tire install/balance, but what they are offering is fair.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you really look into the companies manufacturing tires, most are now made off shore....out of the same factories!

I went with word of mouth and also with a company that has lots of locations in case I need warranty/service.

Top Bottom