Trailer Tires

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking for Goodyear Marathon tires for the RV trailer. Anyone know where to get the best deal? Thanks

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
There is a guy on the site called summitric who owns a garage and has great prices and can get most any tire or offer a comparable one.
Send him a PM and he can probably help you out.

Also check at Vinnie's, he probably has access to lots of good priced tires as well...

Just my 2 cents wort Sir.

:beer::beer::d:beer::beer:
Looking for Goodyear Marathon tires for the RV trailer. Anyone know where to get the best deal? Thanks

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Bunnyman but have access to all those tire places but WANT Goodyear Marathon tires only. China tires dont cut it have those on the trailer already dont last at all.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mee tooooo I need =6 235-80r/16 10 ply e rated.....mounted and balanced

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think C-Tire carries the Goodyear. Michelins are supposed to be good too.

Here is an interesting snippet.

Are Goodyear Trailer Tires the Best!

Goodyear trailer tires are standard equipment on many different types of new trailers sold today. For over a hundred years the Goodyear tire and rubber company has set the standard for tire technology and this carries forward in there marathon radial trailer tires as well.

Designed to make trailer towing easier and more stable, the Marathon trailer tire comes in sizes from 13 through 16 inches with capacities up to 3400 lbs. Goodyear designates there trailer tires with an “ST” in the part number which stands for “Special Trailer”. “ST” rated tires are restricted to a maximum of 65 mph while under normal inflation and load conditions which is mandated by the industry.

Here’s something you may not know! Industry standards also mandate that any “ST” tire running between 66 and 75 mph must have there cold inflation pressure raised 10 psi as long as this increase doesn’t exceed the maximum wheel pressure. If this wheel maximum is exceeded than the tire must be run at 65 mph or below. It also goes on to say not to exceed more than 10 psi beyond the inflation specified for the maximum load of the tire.

So what there saying here is be really careful of your speed, load and pressure because under inflation is the enemy of all tires but more importantly trailer tires.

Speaking of which, I have read numerous articles all over the internet that Goodyear customers have not been happy with marathon tires. Most of the complaints have been relating to side wall problems and Goodyear as well as all tire manufacturers blame under inflation as the cause.

This is pretty typical in the tire and trailer world as it has been my experience as well that under inflation will cause some real problems. My companies have used mostly Goodyear as well as Michelin with no real issues on the little tires, 16 inch and below. However on most of the larger units we build (53’ Trailers with 22.5 inch tires) the truck drivers prefer Michelin.

Top Bottom