Trailer Tear down

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an old rusted up 15 foot v nose for a cool 1000 bucks and me and the roommate are gonna tear her down paint her up put a new deck on her. These are the starting pics ( after the first two sections of deck were torn off) and hopefully she'll be done in 2 weeks time! 0909090921.jpg

0909090921a.jpg

0909090922c.jpg

0909090922b.jpg

0909090922a.jpg

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be a nice little fall project...keep us posted on progress

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will do .....i will post more pics tonight if i get a significant amount done ....

on a related note does anyone know where i can find L.E.D lights at a reasonable price ...were adding more marker lights and i want to put the ones in the back to L.E.D as well

thanks

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will do .....i will post more pics tonight if i get a significant amount done ....

on a related note does anyone know where i can find L.E.D lights at a reasonable price ...were adding more marker lights and i want to put the ones in the back to L.E.D as well

thanks

Greggs distributing is also a good place to get lights, that is where i get all mine up here.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you going to paint the trailer yourself ? I am going to re deck and paint my 12' SWS before the snow flies. I am in the search for a good sandblast and paint place near edmonton or sherwood park

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you going to paint the trailer yourself ? I am going to re deck and paint my 12' SWS before the snow flies. I am in the search for a good sandblast and paint place near edmonton or sherwood park

I just re decked my 12' SWS my paints not to bad yet. Go with treated decking SWS just used normal plywood on mine. I welded in some extra suports on mine along the edge and in the center where the plywood meets. You don't need it if your just hauling sleds but I haul everything on mine so it sure helps for me.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zar,
Try Sahara Sandblasting & Painting or Norpoint Sandblasting & Painting, both in South Edmonton.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope good ol angle grinder with a wire wheel

...... AND 30 plus hours brushing her down, 6 wire wheels, One broken agle grinder( Which we returned for a refund :) ) and 5 cans of ruberized paint later!

0910091943.jpg

0910091943a.jpg

0910091942.jpg

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats Under coat rubberized paint there travis .....:d:d

As for finishing the rest of the trailer i will be done with BEER :beer::beer:

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha itll be put one screw through the deck, then a bud light with Lime, Another screw, Bud light w lime :) But itll get there, Next pics are hopefully gonna be completed product, we got some pretty sweet ideas for the deck and just things to make er stand out :beer::beer:

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that i would try that polyboard that is talked about in the enclosed trailer floor thread.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be posting more pics within the week almost done wiring and then the decking ....shouldnt be to many hours of work left

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the time you guys add up your labour and beer, you could have bought a heated 4 place enclosed with a Tv and a can! LOL....kidding of course....

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol ....slave labor is cheep :d:d got a few neat "features" on this trailer will be one of a kind, i guatantee there is goin to be NO other trailer like this one out there.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a few neat "features" on this trailer

Can you disclose this before your done or is it top secret..

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have pics tonight :d lets just say you might wan2 befriend me if your jerry cans find a way out of the box of the truck on the trip to the hills.

as to date we have 14 lights on it as well you wont be able to miss us all L.E.D

Top Bottom