Trailer Storage/ Mouse deterrents

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Btw. I always put one trap in just to make sure but haven't caught anything for years!! :beer::beer:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the irish spring thing, little bastards ate it!!.... but it did smell nice in the camper.
Best non chemical trap, 5 gal bucket, beer can with peanut butter, hang the can across the top/opening of the bucket on a coat hanger(kind of like a see-saw). Just need a board or some way for them to get to the top of the bucket, old skateboard for example. They climb up and try to get the pb off the can, and fall in the bucket, I put enough water to drown them in the bucket, if you don't it turns into a bloody battle zone:eek:..nasty little buggers.
Will catch mice for days, so simple and works amazing.
Good luck, kill'em all, lol

We did the exact same thing when I lived on the farm. We used a empty clean tall steel pail ( the type used for bulk 5 gallon oil & hydrualic fluid ). Put a cup of grain in the bottom and board as a ramp to the top of the pail. The mice would dive into the pail and couldn't crawl out. ( can't grip the steel wall of the pail). We found this out by fluke and we could catch 5 a day for awhile then none for awhile. This method is only good if you know that the mice are already in the trailer or boat or vehicle. We plugged all the hole in the trailer and always pack the salt , pepper, sugar , dry food in a tupperware container and seal dry goods in jars or zip lock bags. Clean up all crumbs and dont give them any reason to hang around. So far so good.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys leaving the trailers plugged in all winter. Why do you do this? Keep the battery charged? Run the furnace?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Bounce sheeted, Bar Soaped, Mouse Killered & Wrapped for the winter!! :d:d

Trailer.jpg

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Sask rat patrol man once told me to never put mouse poison inside your trailer, shop etc. Place the poison around the outside. The poison attracts them, so why bother drawing inside before having them meet their maker. Makes perfect sense to me.

I put bar bait inside a plastic container with a small hole in it. Drove a spike through the bottom and in to the ground to hold in place. This lets the mice in to feast but keeps the bait out of the hands/mouths of the pets and kids.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
A Sask rat patrol man once told me to never put mouse poison inside your trailer, shop etc. Place the poison around the outside. The poison attracts them, so why bother drawing inside before having them meet their maker. Makes perfect sense to me.

I put bar bait inside a plastic container with a small hole in it. Drove a spike through the bottom and in to the ground to hold in place. This lets the mice in to feast but keeps the bait out of the hands/mouths of the pets and kids.

That is good advice....thanks.

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Try plugging up all the holes, and spaces around pipes etc., in the trailer with steel wool.... We did that after the first year we got our trailer, and have never had a problem since...... Don't even put mice traps inside anymore.....

Summitric has it right to a point. Traps out side always! Get 'em BEFORE they get in. We leave our trailer out at the lake lot over the summer and had no issue until 4 - 6 weeks ago. Found their leavings in the drawers above the areas where the water hoses come in. Put traps on the outside no more issue inside. Have filled the space with steel wool as Summitric says. Stuck a couple of unopened moth balls in each area. We'll see if it does anything. Moths got in too. Fix them any way.

Talked to the neighbor... He had mouse trouble ALL summer until he put in the sonic mouse repellents from wal-mart. Hmmm... then we got them! Put in 4 of the mini sonics in the trailer. No mice, no moths, no bugs...

Just saying...:)

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Summitric has it right to a point. Traps out side always! Get 'em BEFORE they get in. We leave our trailer out at the lake lot over the summer and had no issue until 4 - 6 weeks ago. Found their leavings in the drawers above the areas where the water hoses come in. Put traps on the outside no more issue inside. Have filled the space with steel wool as Summitric says. Stuck a couple of unopened moth balls in each area. We'll see if it does anything. Moths got in too. Fix them any way.

Talked to the neighbor... He had mouse trouble ALL summer until he put in the sonic mouse repellents from wal-mart. Hmmm... then we got them! Put in 4 of the mini sonics in the trailer. No mice, no moths, no bugs...

Just saying...:)

Used sonics for years now no problems .............. :beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom