Trailer slides

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey crew thinking of upgrading my 5th wheel me and the old lady are wanting one with a slide!? Let me here your opinions please as far as leaks!? Mice!? And wieght thanks

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Jazz 28' with the dinette and couch slide. I have never had an leaks as far as weather goes. I possibly had mice come in through the seal on the bottom but I was parked in taller grass that fall. I use shredded Irish spring soap and never notices any sign of mice anywhere other than near the seal.
I don`t think you will notice any change in weight. The additional weight makes up for the extra room that you gain with a slide

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well im looking at a 1998 jayco eagle 26.5 now she said it was 1100lbs pin weight does that sound reasonable im towing with a 2011 f250 6.2 i own a 23ft jayco no slide now and its 650lbs on the pin, anyother advice would be appreciated thanks

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a cougar 5th wheel with a slide for couch and dinette table,love the extra room and would not want to go back to not having the slide,as for leaks have never had a problem,mice have not been any worse of a issue with or without the slide. only recomendation i have when looking is what is trailer like with slide in,only time i leave my slide in is when travelling and you pull into a pullout and want to go for a hike or site see,can you still get into trailer and get things or use bathroom or fridge,some trailers are next to impossible to do anything unless slide is out,for me i like being able to get into without having slide out. me and wife would not want to go back to trailer without slide

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In laws have had multiple trailers with slides, definitely notice dust getting in (drive lots of grid roads in sask). I've driven through pretty heavy rain though and never noticed anything damp when I parked so who knows. They don't really do anything special to mouse proof them, they have a large gravel area that they park for the winter and I've never noticed any evidence of mice inside.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
All I do mouse wise is put bounce sheets out of site around all the slides. And any penetrations sealed or not. Never had a mouse issue

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having the slides increase living space. I have not noticed dust entry on our toyhauler.

For mice I put cotton pads with pure peppermint oil on them.

They don't like the smell. And actually the trailer smells nice in spring.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working at a rv park for several years i have only seen 1 person have issues with his slides leaking. But that was the falt of the selling dealer not doing a proper PDI as this unit had several issues that would have been found if it had been PDI'd at the dealer

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies old trailer, a sunset trail, never had leaks but had the electric slide pile up 3 times and the mechanical back up completely destroyed itself and wasn't repairable.
Other than that most never seem to have an issue.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold our 2005 Jayco 26' last fall and never had any slide issues as far as moisture, dust or mice. It had a sealed belly though and a bit of dust would come in through the wheel well under the dinette seat if it was a really dusty road.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having the slides increase living space. I have not noticed dust entry on our toyhauler.

For mice I put cotton pads with pure peppermint oil on them.

They don't like the smell. And actually the trailer smells nice in spring.
Where did you get the pure oil from?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one for sale if you interested like new used a few times

Attachments

• rv2.jpg
    rv2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 133
  • rv.jpg
    rv.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 136

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beautiful trailer but to big for me

How small of a 5 do you want? That one does not look that big...in 5 er world!
I can say from my bad luck ...do not buy Open range bought it new $74000 sold it first chance I got, 10 months later. Water lings leaked, I spent hours plugging holes where mice could get in. Slides had to be adjusted twice which I had to pay for up front then they submit warranty then they decide if I get money back!! As well as a ton of other stuff !! I went back to Arctic fox and will never stray again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Raptor toyhauler, 5th wheel, 1 slide, couch/table, never leaks, works everytime, no mice, although mice have come up through the plumbing but cant get out of the cabinets, solved that real quick with expandable foam underneath.

Top Bottom