Trailer Rock Guards

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas guys. Thinking of building a combo brush infront of flaps...thinking the brush would slow down the rocks enough to not allow them to bounce through. Can mount this under the truck and weld to a 2.5" to 2" reducer sleeve for the reciever. Should be pretty solid at that point.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a knock off rock guard flap system. Things I learned ....they suck on painted rear bumpers. Trailer was good but truck bumper chipped. Definitely need to have the correct spacing off the ground otherwise they kick up rocks.

I modified them and I really like them know. I bought thinner truck flaps from princess auto and mounted them so there’s a 3-4” lip at the top that bends downward. I also rotated the hanger arms to underneath the truck. Know it seems to deflect the rocks away from everything. Figured that the thinner flap with absorb more the rocks and they won’t bounce back as hard. The other thing I was going to try was cutting slits in the flap, but I like how it works now.
F32888DE-90BF-49EF-B488-8B84DAB92079.jpg

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use Rock Tamers here and been happy with them. They need to be setup properly to work as intended. Not just distance from ground loaded, but proper angle which needs to be determined running down the road at cruising speed. Once angle is set, rocks slow and deflect down, not back up. Works for me.

Top Bottom