Trail Tank Question

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one with a trail tank on a Nytro having issues. Beyond the tank not fitting well and rubbing everywhere, it is now seeping from a bolt hole
I've heard there has been updated tank built, appreciate your feed back as I am calling trail tank to discuss.

800tundra

Reaction score
Sent them email tonight about my fitup and is now leaking. Did u buy directly from them?

tapex

Reaction score
I have had a trail tank for 2nd season now. Fit is not as good as stock but could be worse! It is kind of a bugger to get on, but it holds lots more fuel. I did a couple more tanks this year and they seemed to fit a lot easier. I didn't want to take my tank off to compare and see what was different. If you have lots of problems getting the tank on you can loosen the steering hoop to allow some more room and then swing the hoop back down once the tank is in.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
M on my second tank now, they don't fit well at all and very tight. I had to use a porta power against the turbo mount to get the tank to go every time. Also the panels and the seat don't line up the best. But it's a mod so it won't have the factory finish touch.

800tundra

Reaction score
Anybody try plastic welding Have new one on the way $600 later but still wanted to hit the hills soon

TAV

Reaction score
Website
www.primels.ca
tapex and sledslut put mine on this fall and i havent had any issues yet! although i am in Arizona so it could be leakin and i dont even know lol but i doubt it!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have put a few on, both last year and this year. This year's seem to go in a little easier, the only leak problems we had last year were from the O-rings at the sender and the pump cover not fitting very well. No doubt they are a tight fit but with 40l in the tank and a few on the rack I am hoping the only thing we have less time for is taking pics, :d

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New one on it's way, hoped it was going to make it before this next ride. I will update with its fit compared to the original version

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed the new updated trail tank, fits great now! Too bad i had to purchase that first pos and be fustrated for the past two seasons. Thanks to Trail Tank and their great customer service again!!

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Figure i Could tune in with an update. I bought a trail tank and they now have those quarter turn fastner for the plastics. Took old tank off and when I went to install the new one I test fitted it to see how many hoses and wires I would have to relocate before installing the tank......to my surprise, the new tank literally dropped into place without even touching any vent lines. Make sure your oil lines to ur turbo don't get wedged under the tank and you will be fine.

I had a hell of a time trying to get the fasteners to turn into the tank so I just took the fasteners out and filed/ground down the underside of the hood plastics right on the raised square portion where the fastener goes through the hood. This gave me the extra length I needed to get the fasteners to function properly. U could buy longer fastners too I suppose.

All in all it only takes an hour at the most to do the install.

Tip......after trimming the plastic tank top cover....throw some heat to the edge to melt it sligtly and it will look factory again.

Top Bottom