Trail Seekers Stony/Grove

hotumps

Reaction score
Anyone know about the club South of Seba Beach? I ran into them yesterday at the Martin Motorsports sale, they had a booth. From what I understand they do not associate with any other clubs and are not part of the Alberta Snowmobile association. I did try to talk to the lady in the booth yesterday but she choose to totally ignore me and went past me to talk to her friends. She seemed very snobby or clique is this the general feeling of the club? They seem very expensive for just a small area.

robb

Reaction score
I've only ridden there a couple of times,and haven't been back since they broke away from the ASA. Charging the same price for their trails as the ASA charges for a province wide pass seemed like a bit of a rip off to me. There are better areas to ride without getting involved with their rebellion against the ASA. They may be acting in their own interests , but what happens on a province wide level will affect their operations as well.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anyone know about the club South of Seba Beach? I ran into them yesterday at the Martin Motorsports sale, they had a booth. From what I understand they do not associate with any other clubs and are not part of the Alberta Snowmobile association. I did try to talk to the lady in the booth yesterday but she choose to totally ignore me and went past me to talk to her friends. She seemed very snobby or clique is this the general feeling of the club? They seem very expensive for just a small area.

Sounds like chit that happens in BC. They don't like the established rules/process and for some reason can't seem to be able to get it fixed through the democratic process and they decide to build their own sand box. Sounds very familiar!

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have growing members, over 300 I was told on Saturday, they do lots of local (Edmonton and vicinity) BBQ's to drum up memberships. I used to be a member, then chose AB Beach as they are an ASA Member...and I ride AB Beach trails. I'm sure they would have more members if they were part of the ASA...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
They have growing members, over 300 I was told on Saturday, they do lots of local (Edmonton and vicinity) BBQ's to drum up memberships. I used to be a member, then chose AB Beach as they are an ASA Member...and I ride AB Beach trails. I'm sure they would have more members if they were part of the ASA...

I would love to see on paper backing for these numbers.........

and that's all I have to say as an ex executive member of said "club"

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
I was part of that club in the 90's when they tried to get trails set up south of 16 near 627 and on to Wabamun and join up with the AB club. They failed. They ended up creating a loop in the already snowmobile friendly Jackpine Grazing Reserve south of Gainford. I have been on a few of their poker runs and they are an ok bunch but I ride the grazing reserve anyway and already support my local AB club. It is pretty funny to go there and see people trailer out to ride the loop and stay on the trail when the whole area is rideable

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was part of that club in the 90's when they tried to get trails set up south of 16 near 627 and on to Wabamun and join up with the AB club. They failed. They ended up creating a loop in the already snowmobile friendly Jackpine Grazing Reserve south of Gainford. I have been on a few of their poker runs and they are an ok bunch but I ride the grazing reserve anyway and already support my local AB club. It is pretty funny to go there and see people trailer out to ride the loop and stay on the trail when the whole area is rideable

I was a member until they broke away then I went to AB also. Support the cause.

Top Bottom