Trail riding and speed!

Reaction score
This my frist sled and ride with newbee's. I read a little on this sit about trail speed. Is there a speed limt when you leave a park that has 1 posted? Only have 1 ride but I hit it pretty hard. Never did I feel I put someone else in danger. If you drive on a mountain road and come around a corner and there is a stopped car in the road. You should stop before you hit them. With that in mind. I would with no speed limt hit hard where it was safe and keep it safe. Is this ok or is there a DO NOT EXCEED SPEED?

Ride fast ride Safe Ride Home!!!!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
This my frist sled and ride with newbee's. I read a little on this sit about trail speed. Is there a speed limt when you leave a park that has 1 posted? Only have 1 ride but I hit it pretty hard. Never did I feel I put someone else in danger. If you drive on a mountain road and come around a corner and there is a stopped car in the road. You should stop before you hit them. With that in mind. I would with no speed limt hit hard where it was safe and keep it safe. Is this ok or is there a DO NOT EXCEED SPEED?

Ride fast ride Safe Ride Home!!!!

Not sure where you are riding :eek::yikes:.... Cars, Yes ! Please also watch out for Sasquatch ! :D :biglaugh:

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just remember that there are lots of new sledders and lots with kids just learning the mountain riding. I have been on many a trail where some yahoo comes and goes in a flash. I love speed too, just not on the trail's where family's are riding too :)........IF you are talking sled trails? :-s, maybe you are talking the roads in?

tasco

Reaction score
I found that long trail + lots of straight aways + speed + end of day = blown belt

Top Bottom