Trail Repairs 2017

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex I am not surprised.

They don't care.

It's all about them.

Very dangerous if a family member gets a nail tossed into a machine or a flat tire.

Could cause a crash or injury.

Let's all the very careful

If you see something out of place or does not belong pick it up and clean up area.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BHAS at trail maintenance behind the Dam sight. Big Horn Dam on Abraham Lake.

And we hope that Cal Rakach can get us a permit too repair the bridge back there.

Not one stitch of garbage or beer cans.
OHV and Sled folks are doing their part.

Big manly man hug too all for keeping our crown lands clean.

Don BHAS

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I helped my pal clean up at his place too.

I hope the year end reward is a chain saw and a rake. Ha

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Took my little guy out for our first dirt bike ride of the year to Bruderhiem yesterday, WOW I can't believe the amount of garbage laying around. I know it's not all the OHV users causing the problem, but if this keeps up it sure won't be long till we loose this area also. We filled every plastic bag I had in my truck

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About a week until people head out for May long

Please keep areas clean.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes too camp site pigs.

They show up in trucks and cars for bush outting leaving lawn chairs, broken & ripped up pup tents, general garbage, and their grand mother,,, ok,,, not their grand mother as she's the one picking up after these clowns.

We cleared some of the trails in our area, and put the brakes on 2 old time paths since the tall over grown trees have claimed the area back.

The heavy snow and winter winds blew down too many for us to handle, so best practic is too let it be, there's lots of all other trails in our area too make up for the 2 over grown ones.

The pull off the hyw staging areas are taking a chit kicking of pigs, so the trend continues as we step up the cleaning plan.

Make bon-fire, clean up burn-ables too burn. Hammer metal flat too pack out, and pitch camp fire rocks into the trees... Less chances of the pigs too show up and do it all over again.

If the hyw staging areas are not welcoming, this is good as its less likely the Feds will spot this as they will take pictures, document and report too their offices local and in Edmonton.

Too much of this going on will or "could" limit our future access.

Don

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut a bunch of downed trees this weekend on the same trail they use for the Edson rally in Sept. The more I use the chainsaw the better I get at starting it (stupid Easy start!)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be out Tuesday for the week. I imagine a lot of fallen trees over winter.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need more people posting pictures and cleaning up trails.....

Tyler only has a few people to pick from.....

The VIPER

Reaction score
Was out enjoying the beautiful weather last weekend and doing a bit of trail maintenance. Cut and bucked up 12-15 trees across the trails. Removed and cut up some trees that had fallen over fence lines. And brought home a bag of garbage found along the trails. All part of a wonderful day's ride.

Top Bottom