Trail Conditions for the Ft Sask Trails

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trail not open yet. Barely enough snow to cover the plowed up fields. Trail work will begin this weekend. More snow is needed as snow is very fluffy and needs more. Will update as soon as trail is open. This year we need to stay on the trail as the shooter from last year has made some disturbing comments to a member.Work will be ongoing for a few weekends for sure.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Trail Conditions for the trail

Thans for the update Glenn. Better make sure that area around the shooters place is well marked. I don't want to accidentally cross paths with this loonie.

Player

Reaction score

Glen, what is your trail work plan, do you need some volunteers to help get the trail up?

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

We are going to need a couple or 3 crews to clear the tree blowdowns from 2 weeks ago. I have to paint the stakes with the paint I got with the stakes. May try at work and install reflective strips(thanks Curtis) and possible staking crew to layout trail to different areas. Only do this if stakes get painted. Trees in Bud lake are #1 for sure. We will get some firewood also for the pit. Now PM me or just place your name if you can help. We dont need a pile of people but we do need some. Up to15 or so if possible. Sleds or quads to do bush work. If you have a saw please bring. Will post updates on times and locations. Thanks

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would like to join, and have no problem helping, who should I contact to become a member???

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Talk to Brad Hooks. He is Player on this site PM him he can fix you up this weekend. 445-9588

Dzl

Reaction score

If a shooter has made some remarks prior to an altercation, I think the RCMP would be very interested in that bit of information......

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

We are going to meet at the clubhouse around 10 to clear trail in the Bud Lake area south of the clubhouse. Im bringing my Quad to do the work. We will not be going north of the clubhouse so we stay off the trails that are on ploughed fields in order to keep the dirt out of the snow. Fields lumpy with dirt and if snow and dirt mix the warm days will melt what little we have so please come out to help clear tjhe trees but we still cant ride to far yet. See whoevers comes out there.

Skidoo XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi where can i get a trail pass at can i still get it at petro in sherwood park.

i have quad need hand with clearing i have chain saw to

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
GLEN: YOU BETTER GET THE TRAILS UP BEFORE WE;RE BACK NEXT WEEK....LOL:eek: HOLAAAA,,, AREEBA, AREEBA, BUENOS NOCHOS, AMIGOS!!!ÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑ´´´´´´´+++¡¡¡¡¡¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ WEIRD KEYBOARDS DOWN HERE!!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had a great day today. We have some signs up on the trail BUT still lacking much needed snow. We had 9 sledders today. THANK YOU for your help. Some new members and some old seasoned members. Sucks big time to be Albert he had truck signage duties. He hasn`t done so much screwing (signs) since high school shop class. Will be out again Sunday and will probally geter done.. Will post to all.

PS I rode my new sled for the first time. What a ride!!! 55km on 15 litres of fuel i dont know if thats good. Who cares I`m sledding. YE HA

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Had a great day today. We have some signs up on the trail BUT still lacking much needed snow. We had 9 sledders today. THANK YOU for your help. Some new members and some old seasoned members. Sucks big time to be Albert he had truck signage duties. He hasn`t done so much screwing (signs) since high school shop class. Will be out again Sunday and will probally geter done.. Will post to all.

PS I rode my new sled for the first time. What a ride!!! 55km on 15 litres of fuel i dont know if thats good. Who cares I`m sledding. YE HA

atta boy Glen, must feel good to get on that new toy you waited so patiently for and let it rip!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Get any blue on your ride yet?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya a little blue. Graphic package coming very soon will post before and after shots.
Today had another 9 to help with the trail. Pretty well all signed up with just a few to add for fine tuning. We had a few riders out there even with the closed trail signs still up. Who reads those signs anyway right? Well lots of random riding around already. Certain landowner has gone extreme last year who knows what he will do this year. AGAIN if you want to use the trail please respect the trail rules and stay on the trail. If you expect more please go to crown land and ride wherever you want. This maybe the make or break year for our trail so please lets try to do our best and stick to the trail.
Still some gaps that need to be filled. As of today the Lamont trail still is not to be opened as we need to contact 1 landowner. Bud Lake south of the Clubhouse is still blocked with downed trees. We will work on this after christmas for sure. BIG JOB. So if you want to take you family out for a little run during the xmas break get your trail pass and go for a ride. Just be carefull please and hope for more snow as it is pretty skimpy in places

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya a little blue. Graphic package coming very soon will post before and after shots.
Today had another 9 to help with the trail. Pretty well all signed up with just a few to add for fine tuning. We had a few riders out there even with the closed trail signs still up. Who reads those signs anyway right? Well lots of random riding around already. Certain landowner has gone extreme last year who knows what he will do this year. AGAIN if you want to use the trail please respect the trail rules and stay on the trail. If you expect more please go to crown land and ride wherever you want. This maybe the make or break year for our trail so please lets try to do our best and stick to the trail.
Still some gaps that need to be filled. As of today the Lamont trail still is not to be opened as we need to contact 1 landowner. Bud Lake south of the Clubhouse is still blocked with downed trees. We will work on this after christmas for sure. BIG JOB. So if you want to take you family out for a little run during the xmas break get your trail pass and go for a ride. Just be carefull please and hope for more snow as it is pretty skimpy in places

Glenn, so are you saying portions of the trial are open now? I like the loop North of Country Boys, is that open? How about South? Need specifics so I don't end up somewhere I should not be.

Thanks for your hard work once again.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trail to the sandhills is open but we didnt have time to cruise around the trail. The south trail is plugged with fallen trees. We will clear after christmas so try to enjoy what we have and be carefull please and follow the trail.

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Thank you Ron ands Dale for riding in the truck and helping with the signage. for those of you that have never done this thankless job it is the s$its at best all your buddies are riding their new sleds and all you can do is watch them ride and make up signage. I found that if you slam your finger in the truck door the pain will change your train of thought for about 10 minutes then you start thinking about them riding and you are not then you slam the door again D@M MY FINGER HURTS. I think that Ron could sign the whole trail system with just three signs , Caution , Membership compulsory, Thank you land owners. All kidding aside Ron brings a strong commitment to have a safe trail well signed that you must pay to ride on and to thank the people that make the trail possible (land owners). Good work all and thank you for the help next year I'm riding my sled .

Skidoo XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi

i start clearing the south portion tonight did couple hours still lots to go but it a start. my chain came of my chain saw so i probley continue on fri.

i going to try to go fri during the day

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Thank you for your help with the club trails. If you want the clubs saws and chaps etc. Slederglen can set you up to use the clubs equipment instead of your saw.:twocents:

DonMcKay

Reaction score
Website
www.calgaryatvriders.com
Is there any place out there where a family could take a toboggan out to a hill and let the little kids ride it down and then pull it back up with the sleds?
Good job that you are getting your trails signed and all.
Did you get any snow over night?
Don

Top Bottom