Trail Cams For Security?

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any Clubs or members have any tips or experience, positive or negative, with using trail cams for surveillance purposes? Last season we had several trucks in our main parking lot broken into and credit cards and cell phones stolen. This past summer we've had one of our cabins burnt down and just last week someone decided to test their chainsaw on our trail head sign at our main parking lot. We realize that getting someone convicted these days based on a license plate # or a distant image is nearly impossible but at least it would give us some sort of idea what type of vehicle and person/s we may be interested in looking out for. Also any advice from those of you who have used trail cams as to what makes and models have worked the best for you would be helpful. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks:beer:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw an ad for a trail cam that will send pic right to your cell phone, can see that being used for more than hunting for sure

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to your club for taking the initiative. Would be great if all clubs were able to participate in this kind of endeavour as well. I agree you will have to hide the camera though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw an ad for a trail cam that will send pic right to your cell phone, can see that being used for more than hunting for sure
That would be the best cam to get. Then you can see them before they disable the camera or steal it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up 2 of these for hunting. My brothers uses them on his acreage because of theft.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, of course our main concern is getting them stolen. We're not going to be posting any signage advertising that the area is under video surveillance so hopefully we can hide the camera well enough that they don't even know it's there.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Our club uses one seasonally in one of our staging areas. Not sure about the details of it but I can find out for you.

I know it is motion sensitive, pretty sure in order to use the ones that send images remotely you require an internet connection.

I know the trail committee has been impressed enough to invest in more cameras for other locations on our trail system.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, of course our main concern is getting them stolen. We're not going to be posting any signage advertising that the area is under video surveillance so hopefully we can hide the camera well enough that they don't even know it's there.

They have metal storage containers avaliable that scew to a tree from the inside. Then lock the container.

Top Bottom