Tracking your stolen trailer...

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came across this tracking system when I was looking at the gpscity.ca website. Looks like it would be a good way to track your stolen sled trailer, or whatever. Curious if anyone has used this before.

Garmin GTU 10 for Canada

tekim :D

Attachments

• gtu10.jpg
    gtu10.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 393

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a tracking system from GPS Police for my service trailer.

GPS Police | Home | Powerful vehicle tracking that makes fleet management easy.

Had it for a while and then decided to "test" it so I called my daughter and told her to track me on the home PC with GPS Police's tracking system. She said you are at a gas station, I was so perfect. I said OK I'll call you in a bit.... I called her back and said OK where am I now.... She said still at the gas station. I said no, refresh the system and look again. She said I did refresh you haven't moved. When I went home sure enough I was still at the gas station. It stayed there for a day...... I spent the next week testing the system. It wasn't reliable at all. So I took the unit back and told them what was going on. Next thing I know I get an email from GPS Police apologizing to me that the unit did not perform to my expectations and that they refunded me my money????? WTF it wouldn't do what they claim it should do. Had nothing to do with me and my expectations???

Anyways. Word of caution, they don't always work as they should as I found with GPS Police.....................

Last edited:

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased and installed the Titan Innovations set up. Works well. if the alarm goes off it will text you and send out an email as well. Even if the batteries on the trailer get low it will notify you. You can also set it up with a perimeter fence, so that if the unit moves out of that area it will also alarm.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think these are great ideas. (If they work). Insurance companies should be giving huge discounts on our premiums if one these was installed on trailers, vehicles, sleds, quads, whatever. Especially with the amount of thieving that goes on around here.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased and installed the Titan Innovations set up. Works well. if the alarm goes off it will text you and send out an email as well. Even if the batteries on the trailer get low it will notify you. You can also set it up with a perimeter fence, so that if the unit moves out of that area it will also alarm.

Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think these are great ideas. (If they work). Insurance companies should be giving huge discounts on our premiums if one these was installed on trailers, vehicles, sleds, quads, whatever. Especially with the amount of thieving that goes on around here.

My insurance company did not give me any kind of discount at all.... I called BS but they still would not budge. He told me about how a tracking system on a diesel generator was tracked back to a chop shop and they found a pile load of stolen equipment. So that guys tracker saved a lot of people money (and insurace companies money) getting their stuff back, It's BS they dont offer a discount....

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Garmin for my dog will let ya know how well it works-

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

I purchased it from Vibe Car Audio In Red Deer, Alberta. I don't recall the cost separately because they installed the stereo system as well. Titan used to have an ignition disabling device on it for automobiles. I believe they had to shut down that feature due to liability issues. You could shut the vehicle down if it was being stolen, Possibly causing an accident and injuring innocent parties.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any thief worth his salt is going to look for one of these and have it tossed in the ditch before you can say Jack Robinson.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Any thief worth his salt is going to look for one of these and have it tossed in the ditch before you can say Jack Robinson.

I disagree, they snatch and "run". They don't stop until they are safe which is usually where they are going or going to unload sleds and drop trailer. Either way you should get some idea where they are.
That and many thieves are not all that bright, yes many are but the ones they are not are going to get caught.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

Top Bottom