Track with 3 inch lug opinion?

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
I currently have the stock maverick track on my 162 m8,
but at some point, i do want to put on a new track.

what is involved in putting in a 3 inch track? Also what are your opinions on a 3 inch lug in general?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An X3 will fit with a bit of trimming on the outer lugs to clear coolers, but you won't have much room between the track & bulkhead unless you go with 7 tooth drivers. Plan to change clutching as well. IF you run trails to get to the deep stuff, keep your speed down and add ski scratchers to prevent the track from overheating / delaminating. The 3" works great, but it is a single purpose track. Anything less then deep powder will shorten it's life significantly...

HILCLMR

Reaction score
Have a 3" camo extreme under my M9, only thing I did to fit it was drop the suspension to the lower mounting holes front and rear. I had to drill out the front ones. No trimming was needed in my case, only downfall in 3 years of this setup is wheelies from lots if traction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 3 inch track on my 2008 M1000 and and I didn't have to change anything. It fit fine.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
I've been running the 9311M X 3.2 174 all season on my turbo and it's been good so far. I like how light it is and the lugs are not harder than the X3.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got a Maverick track or the challenger track. The challenger was the stock one for the m8. If you have that track take it off and spin it around! It hooks up like crazy. Trenches a bit more but a good free improvement. But if you got a maverick track that got to be the worst track made! Any track would be better IMO. But if I were you I would look for a 2.6" take power claw track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
You got a Maverick track or the challenger track. The challenger was the stock one for the m8. If you have that track take it off and spin it around! It hooks up like crazy. Trenches a bit more but a good free improvement. But if you got a maverick track that got to be the worst track made! Any track would be better IMO. But if I were you I would look for a 2.6" take power claw track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its the maverick track. And yep, the lugs are folding now.

Top Bottom