track speed

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I do mean body wieght, he is little, and I am big.

I put the 156 onto my 151, Ken installed his relocate kit, which moves the whole skid back 2 inches. Also have the 8 inch wheels, so it fits really nice.

IMG_2122.jpg

Flying Pig

Reaction score
the brocken p-85s had to have had something wrong in the machining process when they re-tapered them for the doo crank stub. I've ran them on my 1200 watercraft based sled for two winters, 4500+miles @ 205hp and 140ft lbs torque with no issues ever. An RT motor shouldn't kill em any worse than that motor will.
Have a friend who is an excellent tuner who claims it you know what you are doing a tra is virtually unbeatable. I'd believe it too, his stuff works. I'd tune what you've got guys, on the primary anyway. I really like the team secondary though.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I do mean body wieght, he is little, and I am big.

I put the 156 onto my 151, Ken installed his relocate kit, which moves the whole skid back 2 inches. Also have the 8 inch wheels, so it fits really nice.

Thats one nice looking ride you got there Dean. Nice wheels but they arn't coated, you might run into trouble with them icing around the edges and tightening your track.

So iv got myself a 08 XP 163 nothing done to it aside from updates, pretty sure the gearing wasn't changed. Didn't get to ride it much last time i was out but ill have to check track speed next time, just finished clutching my 07 XRS and it rips hard but haven't got to test it in the hills or deep snow, iv also never looked at the track speed haha. So does anyone have a XP 163 that works well ? whatcha running ?

rene500pred

Reaction score
i was out at eco marine and the dealer told me the 08 xp's only get 27 mph track speed, he said the 09 xp' climb better because they get around 35-37mph track speed. that to me sounds way to low, so i went in to mt magic to pick up my 06 rev and was asking ken about this. he said it is true, and it is d o to there crap clutches. if you were to go with the p-85 and team secondary you would gain your lost track speed back. i did this on my 06 and gained about 8-10 mph track speed turning a longer and bigger lugged track then my stock setup, that was also droping my drivers from 10 tooth to a 7 tooth.
just some food for thought...

mite be a bit of a stupid question but is the track speed the max speed the sled can reach.. i dont think it is so im just asking to make sure.. and if its not the max speed what is the comparrison to max speed then.. because my buddy got a 800 summit 144 and i knows she can do about 150 or 160 depending on the conditions.. thanks.

Top Bottom