track replacement

skud stud

Reaction score
Fellow shredders,I'm looking for help in replacing my track on a 1997 670 summit.Where is the best place to get a track?Should I buy used?Do I need new drivers?What about installation?Any info would be greatlyappreciated.Thanks Heffy

Aaron.M

Reaction score
Im not sure about where the best place is to buy but you could do the install yourself in a couple hours. I did mine without ever doing one before and it took me 2 hours. There are plenty of online how-to's to look at. It's best if you have a buddy because the extra hands sure help.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my new track and extensions from Curtis at Tracks Canada

Nice guy to deal with helped me choose what was best for where I ride

price was good and got it delivered pretty quick

ratatatat

Reaction score
I have a 144 2" that I just took out of my 98 670. $250 if your looking for a track.
You probably should change out the drivers and go one tooth smaller. This will gear it down a bit to compensate for the larger track. You could also do additional gearing in the chain case if required. Changing the drivers with one tooth smaller will also give you some room for the 2" in the tunnel.

You will have to extend your tunnel a bit. Really worth the work. You will be amazed at the improvement a track makes to those sleds!

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my new track and extensions from Curtis at Tracks Canada

Nice guy to deal with helped me choose what was best for where I ride

price was good and got it delivered pretty quick

hands down tracks canada! curtis is a really good guy to deal with.

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fellow shredders,I'm looking for help in replacing my track on a 1997 670 summit.Where is the best place to get a track?Should I buy used?Do I need new drivers?What about installation?Any info would be greatlyappreciated.Thanks Heffy

If your putting a longer track on you will need new drivers and take your time when u pull the driveshaft out so you dont damage the chaincase bearing! Good luck!

skud stud

Reaction score
Marc I may be intersted if the track is in good shape and cheap.Thanks Jeff Contact info?

Top Bottom