track porting / sway bar

apex69

Reaction score
just want to know how big how many what pattern is the best.its on an 07 apex mtn162 maverick. also has any one pulled the sway bar out how do they handle it has fox floats in the front

9hundo

just want to know how big how many what pattern is the best.its on an 07 apex mtn162 maverick. also has any one pulled the sway bar out how do they handle it has fox floats in the front

As with any track...when porting, make sure to keep the holes lined up since you will be cutting the cords. That's all I've got:beer:

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the same setup on my Apex. I ported the center section with two 1-1/2 inch holes. Mark the dead center and then drill the other two at around an inch outward of the center of the track. I went to Harbor Freight for the drill and hole saw (real cheap). BTW, be prepared to be there a while as it takes some time to do it.

As for the sway-bar question....I removed mine and I feel that off-trail it helps although on-trail you'll notice that it is a bit more unstable. If you want to see how it feels, just undo one side and ride it for a ways. I hope this helps.

apex69

Reaction score
the only other thing that i have done a 2 wheel kit so the outside holes will be close to the holes

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you what's best but I'll show you what I've done: 2 - 1 1/8" holes down the centre staying off of the slots for the two rear wheels (I've done a 3 to 2-wheel conversion). I have not disconnected the stabilizer as I had heard that it did not help (it's already fairly tippy). But shiznitt100 has removed it and prefers it that way.

Attachments

• track zoom 2.JPG
    track zoom 2.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 177

POPPA@EFIREHOSE.NET

Reaction score
Ditch the stabilizer and ride it for a couple days , I pulled mine and never put it back in , I also run Simmons which makes it more trail friendly then the stock skis (NO DARTING ISSUES), off trail it's alot easier to pull over and sidehill.
Port away we have done 8 different sleds and have not had any problems 1st 2 we did are on 3rd season , 3 holes inside the windows.
Also 3 Tapex stock tracks done with a 2 hole 1 hole pattern

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new 156 challenger track for my 800r, and considered porting it when it went on, but i don't see the point in drilling it full of holes!!!! I would think the track is the most important part of the whole sled, and reliability is WAY more important than a pound of rolling mass in my new 900$ track.

My two cents

Top Bottom