Track Pitch

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, the pitch is the distance between the bars. so 3 pitch drivers will not work with the 2.86 pitch track

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well now you might be wrong there! i have heard they work. or is it the other way around?

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well now you might be wrong there! i have heard they work. or is it the other way around?

I could see 2.86 in a 3 pitch track might work, but pretty sure 3 pitch in 2.86 won't/ i might have that backwards tho

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could see 2.86 in a 3 pitch track might work, but pretty sure 3 pitch in 2.86 won't/ i might have that backwards tho

I don't think either would work for long.

2.86 drivers in a 3" pitch track will send all of the power through a single set of track lugs. All of the other driver cogs near a track inner lug will have a gap. And as the cog that's in contact with the track spins clear the next cog will jerk into contact with the track lug. This will cause high wear. It might work on a low hp machine (Tundra or bravo) but I would think it would vibrate like hell.

With 3" drivers in 2.86 pitch track the drivers will be trying to climb the track inner lugs, the drivers will be .14" ahead of the track cogs per cog. If they make the climb the track will ratchet, if they don't the driver will slid down the lug and wear. Both bad outcomes.

Just my opinion but I don't think either will work for long.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
many people have multiple seasons running 3.0 tracks on 2.86 drivers with no problems. Have never heard of anyone running a 2.86 track on 3.0 drivers.

yami

Reaction score
many people have multiple seasons running 3.0 tracks on 2.86 drivers with no problems. Have never heard of anyone running a 2.86 track on 3.0 drivers.

I doubt they are putting on lots of miles. It Just Don't Work Properly

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does a 2 inch shaft fit into a 1 1/2 hole? sounds like someone is jerry rigging something? just wrap duck tape around the drivers lol it makes them bigger and and increasses the pitch!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry I got that wrong, thought you had the 2.86 drivers....duck tape wont work but if you use the track stretcher and count how many lugs you have and and multiply it by .14 you will get great results. or just stretch the track .14 on each lug but very time consuming lol. put that track on a 500 hp yami and run it for a day, I bet your pitch will be close then LOL

Top Bottom