Track Lug Size

Swiper

Reaction score
How does a person find out what the maximum track lug size is that will fit on a sled?

It has a .88 on it now.

thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what sled you are putting the track on. They make tracks all the way up to 3" now.

Swiper

Reaction score
It is a 2003 Grand Touring Sport.

When it comes time to replace the track i just want to know what my options are.

i have searched and cannot find anywhere that can tell me.

Thanks Again

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll probably hace to change drivers but if you do change them you should be able to fit a 2" or a doo 2.313" track under it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tape a 1 1/2" wooden block to the track at one of the open windows and roll the track through the tunnel. If it hits then it's too tight for a 1 1/4" track IMO, you want to have a little clearance at least. If you are not sure if its hittig or not then put a thin smear of grease on the top of the block, if it comes out the other side with no smearing on it then it's not hitting, if it is smeared off then you know its rubbing somewhere. You will probably be able to clear a 1 1/4" track OK.

Swiper

Reaction score
thanks i will try that.

It would be nice if there was a sheet or something that could tell you what the clearance was.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tape a 1 1/2" wooden block to the track at one of the open windows and roll the track through the tunnel. If it hits then it's too tight for a 1 1/4" track IMO, you want to have a little clearance at least. If you are not sure if its hittig or not then put a thin smear of grease on the top of the block, if it comes out the other side with no smearing on it then it's not hitting, if it is smeared off then you know its rubbing somewhere. You will probably be able to clear a 1 1/4" track OK.

That is brilliant. In all of my years of playing with these things I never would have thought of that.:beer::beer::beer:

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Now this guy is thinking!

Top Bottom